homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite cashback sites?

4 posters

Go down

Favourite cashback sites? Empty Favourite cashback sites?

Post  froogs Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm a quidco obsessive! Anything and everything is via there if I can but I do dabble in Nectar points as I get them through British Gas and use Amazon a lot.

How about yourselves? Do you use them at all? Which do you think are the best and how much have you earned from using them? I have earned £143 this year from Quidco, mainly by swapping insurances, bank accounts, opening savings and becoming an AA member. All add's up Very Happy
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Favourite cashback sites? Empty Re: Favourite cashback sites?

Post  alec eiffel Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:19 pm

We used to use ... greasy palm years ago and got a fair amount of cash, swapping insurance and stuff like that and I think a few purchases. We did have a look last time we were looking for car insurance and were offered £80 cashback. Just to check we went direct to the same company and were offered the same insurance but the premium was £80 less, so we take some of the deals with a bit of a pinch of salt these days.

It would take a lot of extract me from the places I bank though as I appreciate good service, same with certain companies. I've bought cheap and bought twice a few times so now I like to deal with places where I know I'll be treated as a valued person not just a number (no I don't care what Martin Lewis says). Having said that, it has paid off for us a few times, our toaster exploded so we took it back, got a replacement, couple of months later it did the same thing. No receipt just a vague idea of when we first bought it, cash back from the local store we bought from - wouldn't get that at many places. Slight tangent there, I do apologise.

Goodness I sound like a right old grump today! ☀

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:30 pm

Really interesting about the £80 cheaper quote going direct. I'll watch out for that the sneeky twerps! Thank you.

froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:36 pm

It is sneaky and I think some companies are trying it on now more and more people know about these sites. Makes me really cross when people are trying their flipping best to make the most of their money that people are always looking for new ways to rip folk off.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:50 pm

ive just had this free magazine come today called money wise it reviews the cashback websites so will be having a look at that. I dont do much online shoping is it mainly for online shopping?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:55 pm

tenerifeprincess wrote:ive just had this free magazine come today called money wise it reviews the cashback websites so will be having a look at that. I dont do much online shoping is it mainly for online shopping?

you can get cashback for shopping online but it's not all that much really, well not for the amount I do, not a lot.

It's mainly offers of £30 if you have you get insurance with this company or £20 cashback for taking out a savings account - that type of thing. But very shocked at what alec eiffel said above, i'll be looking into 'deals' a lot more carefully now.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:56 pm

tenerifeprincess wrote:ive just had this free magazine come today called money wise it reviews the cashback websites so will be having a look at that. I dont do much online shoping is it mainly for online shopping?

you can get cashback for shopping online but it's not all that much really, well not for the amount I do, not a lot.

It's mainly offers of £30 if you have you get insurance with this company or £20 cashback for taking out a savings account - that type of thing. But very shocked at what alec eiffel said above, i'll be looking into 'deals' a lot more carefully now.

Would you come back and let us know which are thought to be the best sites when you read it? Smile
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:27 am

i cant put the link on here for some reason. But if you go to the moneywise website its on there.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:32 am

tenerifeprincess wrote:i cant put the link on here for some reason. But if you go to the moneywise website its on there.

I think there's a 7 day rule when newbies post links. Admin might be able to change it in the panel but don't hold me to that as it's something I haven't come across Smile
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:40 am

Shall we quote it instead - from moneywise.co.uk

The concept is simple. By doing all your online shopping via a cashback site (which has ties with hundreds of retailers) you are able to earn money back on each of your purchases. At around 4%, the typical cashback rate is small, but if you use them regularly your earnings can quickly rack up, particularly if you use them for your weekly grocery shop or bigger purchases like travel and home insurance.
Most cashback websites stipulate that you need to build up around £25 of cashback before you can withdraw anything, and it usually takes two to four weeks before you can access your money.
How much you get depends on how much you spend. While it's easy to be tempted to buy things you wouldn't purchase ordinarily, just to boost your balance, the real savings come if you buy products you would otherwise have bought elsewhere.
But always shop around first using price comparison sites like Kelkoo or Pricerunner, to find the cheapest deal, before factoring in the potential savings from purchasing through a cashback site.
Here are our top five cashback sites
1. Quidco

One of the largest and most popular sites, Quidco is our number one choice. It's got a £5 annual fee, which is taken out of your cashback account, and you can get £2.50 for referring people.
This is our favourite because it's very easy to use, produces voucher codes which also have cashback and offers in-store cashback. After registering your credit or debit card number, you can then get cashback every time you spend in the shop of one of the associated retailers.
It covers 2,800 different retailers including Tesco, Sky and Vodafone. Current offers include; £160 cashback from Vodafone with a 12-month sim deal, £60 cashback with Aviva for car insurance, £71 cashback for home insurance with Sainsburys and 15% cashback with Selfridges.
The only thing missing is more smartphone links, which it is introducing in the summer.
2. Kidstart
Targeted at families, this leading website allows you to put your cashback money into a children's savings account. It's second place for us only because it won't be suitable for everyone.

How to make more of discount vouchers
You can save for as many children as you want, and if you don't have kids there's an option of giving the money to charity.
Rates are around 5% on average and examples of retailers include; John Lewis (5% cashback), Laura Ashley (4%) and Boots (2.5% plus advantage points). There are no fees and when you withdraw the money and it goes into any children's savings account of your choice.
3. Topcashback
Another market leader, Topcashback claims to be the UK's most generous cashback website and is one of only two cashback website with no admin fees. We like its 'highest price' guarantee which means if you do spot a higher cashback return from another site, it will refund you this money.
You receive £2.50 for referring friends and the site currently has 2,640 retailers. When you withdraw money it can go via BACS, Amazon or Paypal. Examples of some of its best deals include; 18.8% cashback from the Body Shop until 31 March, 8.58% cashback from New Look and £90.90 cashback on a contract handset from O2.
It's almost identical to Quidco but lacks vouchers and instore cashback.
4. Fatcheese
Despite the random name, this is one of the best cashback sites and gives you £5 for referring people. It includes voucher codes and has some good extras including a loyalty scheme, which pays two pence for every £1 you earn.
The website is clearly laid out and very user friendly, and covers 2,000 retailers. The amount of cashback you can earn varies a lot depending on what you're buying and the bigger sites, which generate more advertising, tend to pay out more. Examples of current rates on Fatcheese are; Booking.com (4%), Debenhams (4%) and White Stuff (8%).
5. Give or Take
Give or Take is a small cashback site that focuses on the option of donating your cashback money to charity. If you do decide to do this, it will waive your annual fee of £5.
There's a wide range of charities involved with the site but you can also suggest new ones. It also makes monthly payments to any charity that has generated at least £10 cashback from supporters.
This is a good way to give money to charity without having to spend anything on top of your normal purchases. It has fewer retailers than the bigger sites but still has many well-known names including Boden (5.5%), Dell (3.5%) and Ernest Jones (14%).
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  life_in_termoil Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:20 am

I use top cash back.

Ive earn't £63 this year which I will use as amazon vouchers for Christmas.
life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:25 pm

i wish you could get more when you use your cards instore.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down