homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do you buy your toiletries from?

+7
dolly blue
flibsey
stiltwalker
lollyfin
2boysmum
alec eiffel
TP
11 posters

Go down

Where do you buy your toiletries from? Empty Where do you buy your toiletries from?

Post  TP Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:13 pm

As above.

Savers and Superdrug here. Sometimes the Pound shop.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Where do you buy your toiletries from? Empty Re: Where do you buy your toiletries from?

Post  alec eiffel Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:20 pm

Skincare, soaps and hair stuff we buy from Faith In Nature or Lush. Toothpaste from the Co-op or Superdrug (it's thumbed up by BUAV). Boring stuff like toothbrushes I buy from Home Bargains.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Where do you buy your toiletries from? Empty Re: Where do you buy your toiletries from?

Post  2boysmum Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:23 pm

I mainly buy ours from Morrisons when I do my grocery shop, usually just buy whatever is on special offer at the time. Make up and skin care I don't buy as I have a drawer full of stuff I'm trying to get through, my friend used to work in a supermarket and was the health and beauty rep so got lots of free stuff from her, plus all the freebies that I sign myself up for I am over run. Don't think I'll need to buy mascara until I'm 80!
2boysmum
2boysmum

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:28 pm

I buy mine when i do our shop so either Lidl or Tesco but if we are going to the caravan we stop in by Poundland and load up on things
I have tons of stuff in drawers as well so im not buying face or body creams or make up till its done.
I really like Soap and Glory stuff as i think it smells gorgeous so thats what i got from almost every one for xmas last year and ive still got loads left Very Happy
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:35 pm

Things like shampoo and toothpaste I stock up when I see a ggood bargain in the supermarket/boots or bodycare - OH only likes a articular shampoo as it keeps his woolly mamoth curls under control! I love lush stuff for baths but can't afford it so had a load of stuff to get me going for Christmas last year and now I make all my own bath bombs, truffles and soaks etc!
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:41 pm

I shop around, depends on wher has offers. I'd much rather have imperial leather or radox bubble bath and have it on offer than get the own brand ones; partially cos i know i'm not allergic to certain radox and imperial leather varieties and partly cos i just plain don't like many own brand ones. except, of course, asda's pink goop that comes in a bottle similar to radox's. smells lurvely.

shampoo i need one which will tackle getting my hair clean, but also sorting my curly frizz. hubby is happy so long as he can clean his hair. he'd wash in fairy liquid if id let him.

sophie thinks she has her own personal bubble bath. she doesn't. i keep topping up the bottle from my own and watering it down a little lol.

tooth paste: whatever's on offer, wherever. poundland, savers, superdrug, wilkinsons, home bargains, 99p store, "Look! it's only 99p!" shop, poundworld (basildon has a lot of quidshops!) etc.

I use body shop brazilnut body butter as I love it and one pot lasts me aaaages.

and the family love dove soap.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:15 am

I buy mine with the groceries at the supermarket.
Does anyone use or as tried solid bars of shampoo/conditioner was looking at them on lush and wasn't sure if they were a good idea
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:18 am

I use the shampoo bars from Lush. I think they're great. There's plenty of choice, the exceptionally energetic staff will help you choose the best one for your needs and the bars last for aaaaaaaages. I think I buy one every 9 months or so - that's with two of us using it about 3-4 times a week each. My hair is really fine so I don't use conditioner but everything else I've used from there has been great so I'm sure they're good too.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:19 am

I love solid shampoo, so does husby but we couldn't afford to keep on with the lush! it does last ages, but not if you're a dirty, oily engineer!!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:56 am

Another lush solid shampoo bar fan here but I haven't bought for ages. I don't get to the nearest store and don't want to waste money on delivery but I can honestly say I miss my Lush treats. I have never had a face cream like Imperialis before and I miss it Sad

I buy from Aldi but I do feel a bit of a raggamuffin and my hair is increasingly dry. Actually I'm getting a fair few spots too. Oh no, the lure of Lush!
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:02 am

I have to make a special trip to go to Lush too, but because I know how long stuff lasts I buy two of things and keep the spares in my underwear drawer to make things smell yummy. Then when I start the spare I know I need to plan a trip to Preston or the Trafford Centre to stock up!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  SunnyMummy Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:06 am

Another Soap & Glory fan here too especially the handcream as I get very dry hands (must be all that cleaning Razz ) I generally buy it when it's on a 3 for 2 offer at Boots or get it given as a pressie. Other toiletries I pick up at the supermarket, Boots, Poundland, Home Bargains etc as I'm out and about.

Make up I tend to buy from Boots, Superdrug, Virgin Vie (a friend does it) or Boots. Same with nail varnish. When I was working full time I bought myself make up & body stuff fairly regularly so at least I don't have to buy any now Very Happy Hair stuff comes from the supermarket when there's a decent offer on. It also lasts much longer now that there's only me using it. The boys & DH wash everything with shower gel.
SunnyMummy
SunnyMummy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:12 am

Shower gels etc I buy the cheapest, so either Aldi version or stuff thats been bought for me as presnet. There is a little craft centre near me and they sell some gorgeous soaps so buy those. For everyday soap it's
Bodycare (if I am near the shop) 4 for £1 or I buy it from Aldi.
Make upmis mineral type and bought online. Facial moisturiser is Boots cucumber cheapie as it's the only one that doesn't sit heavy on my face. Mascara I have to buy Max Factor as they appear to be the only company who sell Black/Brown colour. As natural blonde black is just waaaaaay too hard for my face.

Sorry that was a bit of a ramble LOL

Last edited by Bitsy Beans on Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:15 am

I don't even wear make up anymore...

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:02 am

alec eiffel wrote:I don't even wear make up anymore...

I am not blessed great skin or indeed an even skin tone so I NEED make up LOL
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SunnyMummy Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:43 pm

I know the feeling Bitsy I have developed fine red veins on my cheeks that I prefer to be covered up. Wearing make up makes me feel better generally so I tend to put it on & do my hair every day. Nail varnish I do twice a week.
SunnyMummy
SunnyMummy

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:44 pm

Bitsy Beans wrote:
alec eiffel wrote:I don't even wear make up anymore...

I am not blessed great skin or indeed an even skin tone so I NEED make up LOL

Oh don't get me wrong, I look like a ghost, I just don't care!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:45 am

My local chemist and Aldi.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:43 am

we were out yesterday and they had a Home Bargains and we got some things in there.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum