homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what are you all doing today?

+12
Ivylinn
lollyfin
mesh
wendy
Anne
the_cat
juliapenguin
life_in_termoil
froogs
alec eiffel
stiltwalker
TP
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

what are you all doing today? - Page 3 Empty Re: what are you all doing today?

Post  wendy Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:27 am

Girls are definately worse lol

We've had three and know every trick in the book!!
wendy
wendy

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:47 am

LOL, my SIL gave my dd a card for her 16th birthday that read 'your 16 now. Best leave home while you still know it all!'
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:54 am

I have 3 girls as well and 1 boy and I always said I would have a football team of boys before another girl (do love them tho but wow the drama and attitude)
im loving that card purple wish I had seen it for my DDs birthday last year....or maybe not might have started a huff haha
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:58 am

Well done lolly :-)
With you Helen. Hugs. I've nurtured 10 teens, 7 girls 3 boys. Have three of those ten on the go at the moment 14, 16 and 18, all of them girls :-) They've all been different lol.
My day has gone really well. I love days like that. Our pastor came to dinner tonight. I made shepherds pie, and an apple crumble, although in the end we decided on my daughters lemon tart she made for our meal together last night for dessert (she's a head chef, and makes yummy food :-) ) So I'll take some of the crumble away with us tomorrow, and leave some for the stay at homes :-) The apples were a freebie. One of my daughters turned up with a bag of cooking apples last night, muttering something about an apple crumble would be nice. Don't know where she got them from, but seeing she's 23, I don't think she's into scrumping lol.
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:32 am

Well I think you are amazing Anne having and homeschooling all your kids never mind everything else you do
I imagine your house as full of people and smiles all the time
Mines was and still is more choas and trying to stop the kids from killing each other and I "only" had 4
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:07 am

Thank you lollyfin :-)
It's always chaos here lol. Everyday brings it's adventures hee hee :-) On top of that there is the Rottie, who is a big softie, and thinks we're here for his pleasure only, and anyone who calls in has only come to visit him :-) and the cat. Visitors tend to shy away from the dog, yet fuss the cat, who is deadly. He'll sit all demure enjoying the fuss (at least that's what he seems to be doing) but all the while he's lulling them into a false sense of security. Suddenly he'll stick his claws in them!!! I do warn them, but to no good. he looks so sweet and inviting??? They'd be better off fussing the dog. He would lap it up lol.
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:56 am

eeeeek Anne, is that a rottie on your pic? I think I might have called him a labrador? Shocked That is a major doggie insult I guess! Embarassed lol I'm not very good with dog breeds, sorry Embarassed x
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:32 am

in the morning im going to my voluntary work have a good day everyone.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:34 pm

I'm going to try and get these blackberries picked today on the way to the dentist Smile

bread already made, love the smell of fresh baked bread. If the weather is dry then I shall paint the summerhouse but if not then a walk over the fields, curry making, start clearing out the spare bedroom as its full of junk and a bit of gardening/weeding. Not too bad a day. tomorrow will be a busy one!

have a good un all!
mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:35 pm

tenerifeprincess wrote:in the morning im going to my voluntary work have a good day everyone.

what voluntary work do you do tp?

Good morning, wel l'tis not - it's bucketing down. The only thing that is good is I have a coffee in my left hand Laughing

Got my Mum coming over today so might not get on as much *withdrawl Sad and I've to walk the girls to the dentist for their check up. Also have to pack for our weekend away in Scotland.

Hope you all have a nice day ⭐
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  myway Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:45 pm

Morning all Very Happy. Been up since 5, Dog's have all been walked. Down stair's cleaned and tidy, Just had a quick flick round upstair's :cheers:.

Going to sort my kitchen cupboard's out abit later. I'm on standby for the charity i foster for So i could have another springer to walk tomorrow Very Happy
Hope you all have a great day Very Happy

myway

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:09 pm

Wow myway I am sitting here still not dressed and the only things I have done are get the kids out and put on the DW Embarassed
Frugalicious where abouts in scotland are you going for the weekend?
Today i am going to the library to hopefull get some books on sewing
I will hoover today Very Happy and clean the bathroom
and am going to start my shopping/ couponing research
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:15 pm

lollyfin wrote:Wow myway I am sitting here still not dressed and the only things I have done are get the kids out and put on the DW Embarassed
Frugalicious where abouts in scotland are you going for the weekend?
Today i am going to the library to hopefull get some books on sewing
I will hoover today Very Happy and clean the bathroom
and am going to start my shopping/ couponing research

I'm not dressed either, having 5 more mins Embarassed then i'll go up.

We're going to Loch Eck, near Dunoon. DH's dad lives there so it's a freebie break with meals made for us. Very Happy
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:24 pm

Despite my post yesterday I"m not dressed yet, I came down with the bedding to get in the WM, I think it's going to rain later so getting them thru early so I can get them out. Will go back in a minute and finish making the bed up again.

Today I have a new customer (I think a bride) and then a Bridesmaid to try on my handywork. Both this morning, then teatime another BM for final fitting. Hoping payment on both as well LOL! I have some stuff to do for my designer chap, so may make a start on that, new collection for London fashion week, so exciting.

On the other hand I might spend some time sorting out and homemaking. We have my DB and SIL with their own son and 2 foster children for the weekend. They're taking us out for a meal one day, but we still need to have dinner on Sunday I think. Pud will be either plum or apple based for obvious reasons! Apart from that I shall try and do as much as possible from the freezer, which is overflowing. Better go freezerdiving.

Like some of you I need to start on a declutter programme as well. Right! Must finish my mooch here in a few moments, will try and introduce myself later on.

Editin... I"m showered and dressed now. Made a bit of a hole in the day though, as decided to go to Cheshire Oaks for my son to get a bag/case...to meet hub for lunch...Costco is near there too....

Last edited by PurpleIvy on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:36 pm

myway wrote:Morning all Very Happy. Been up since 5, Dog's have all been walked. Down stair's cleaned and tidy, Just had a quick flick round upstair's :cheers:.

Going to sort my kitchen cupboard's out abit later. I'm on standby for the charity i foster for So i could have another springer to walk tomorrow Very Happy

My MIL is involved with a springer rescue, talk about stress!

Not sure what today is going to involve. I have some lists to write which is always fun. So far I've changed the sheets, done a load of laundry , done the washing up and put it away, dealt with rabbits, tidied my wardrobe, put dry laundry away, swish and swiped the bathroom and tidied the living and dining areas.

Well done for repairing the xbox too, very clever

Have a good day :king:

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:20 pm

Well stuck in today waiting for a courier to pick OH's defective bike up. It's the second one that has had the same fauly so think it must be a manufactuing fault but have to credit Mr T, they have been good, replacement first time and refunded this time no probs, no questions, only problem is the courier says they will be here between 7am and 7pm!!! Last time they didn't turn up til nearly 6, well I suppose someone has to be at the end of their run. Sad There is a different one in the new catalogue at the same price so will reorder that and hope all will be fine with that. At least we get his staff discount! Very Happy When he's got the bike he's going to cycle to work most days unless it's really chucking it down which will leave me with the car and therefore more freedom to get out and about as can't manage it at the moment as I can't get 2 non-walking kids on the bus, it's an old style bus with a pole in the middle of the door so you have to fold the pushchair up to get it on, add that to carrying 2 children and added bags - not happening!

Going to try and get some OU done today, kids permitting as I've got one more assignment to submit then revision for my exam in October to do. Yikes it's my first exam in 15 years! Have really enjoyed this first course though and OH has been inspired to also do a degree with the OU. He sarts his first module in October when my second one starts so will be a busy little studying house here. Luckily we both got started this year too as we'll get the current prices and funding not have to get loans for larger course fees as those studying from Sept 2012 will. If anyone wants to start an OU degree get in quick as as long as you've done 1 module at the old rates (ie start before next Aug) then you'll contine to get the old prices for the transition period and it will save you a fortune.

Have a good day everyone.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  myway Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:53 pm

alec eiffel wrote:
myway wrote:Morning all Very Happy. Been up since 5, Dog's have all been walked. Down stair's cleaned and tidy, Just had a quick flick round upstair's :cheers:.

My MIL is involved with a springer rescue, talk about stress!

Not sure what today is going to involve. I have some lists to write which is always fun. So far I've changed the sheets, done a load of laundry , done the washing up and put it away, dealt with rabbits, tidied my wardrobe, put dry laundry away, swish and swiped the bathroom and tidied the living and dining areas.

Well done for repairing the xbox too, very clever

Have a good day :king:
Haha yes it can be very stressful at time's, I love it though Very Happy. Not normaly that good, It's only if this dog does come it could be a few day's before i can get anything done. I write load's of list's of thing's to do then end up loosing them Embarassed :lol!:

myway

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:28 pm

frugaliciousness wrote:
tenerifeprincess wrote:in the morning im going to my voluntary work have a good day everyone.

what voluntary work do you do tp?

Good morning, wel l'tis not - it's bucketing down. The only thing that is good is I have a coffee in my left hand Laughing

Got my Mum coming over today so might not get on as much *withdrawl Sad and I've to walk the girls to the dentist for their check up. Also have to pack for our weekend away in Scotland.

Hope you all have a nice day ⭐

I work with the blind partially/ sighted at a day centre we do all sorts of things this morning we had a music quiz, we also do bingo, skittles, exercises, discussion groups, and sometimes go out on outings/day trips. Sometimes speakers come in. Its a nice place.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:15 am

how about a daily 'what are you doing today thread'.

just a thought cos i dont have time right now to read through 5 pages - lol

we have company coming to stay at the weekend so im frantically trying to get the house in order for that.

this involves bed changes and room moves - everywhere will be lovely but it does take time xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:20 am

ok knit my life good thinking.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum