homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you feel today?

+7
flibsey
lollyfin
mesh
Bitsy Beans
alec eiffel
froogs
TP
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How do you feel today? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you feel today?

Post  froogs Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:08 pm

That's great flibsey, and if you've forgotten to take the pain killers it musn't be such a painful bind as you'd be crying out for them. It's a good sign.

Again I'm feeling quite positive. I haven't got any studying done this week which is playing on my mind but I need to get on top of the house and budget so that's todays priority. I'm notg oing to beat myself up about it. Tomorrow though, I must get stuck in.

Desk is up (took me ages last night!) and happy in my little corner although a bit cwappy looking at this beige painted anaglyptor/plasterwork where the pulg used to be. I need to fancy it up. Notice board needed me thinks with pics of my two little smilers and DH being... DH Rolling Eyes Very Happy bounce

Hope you're all felling good and better... and bitsy - don't be beating yourself up about what you haven't done, think of the jobs you have achieved and how you have happy little ones around you that have your attention Smile x
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:10 pm

The sun is shining so im feeling ok.

Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Feel a bit crappy today tbh, There are to be job cuts at BAE in Warton which is near here and is a big employer. My next door neighbour works there but I'm hoping the fact his car is still on the drive is good news and he'll be ok for now at least.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:55 pm

I saw that on the news alec. I hope you're neighbour's job is ok. I always get like that when I hear of job losses. I think when you have been at rock bottom or very near it you can empathise that bit deeper, and probably brings a little bit back too.

It's your community as a whole too alec isn't it. It effects a great deal of people's lives, living in the North East we see hardship because of industry closures. There's so much hardship out there at the minute. It is frightening.

Try to pull yourself away from the news. Sorry alec, it's just awful.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Cheers froogs,

The knock of effect will be pretty big I think 822 jobs directly but there are suppliers, shops and services that will be hot by this. There are a few hundred jobs going near Preston too which is not far away so it will impact a lot of people. The pool of jobs in this area is getting smaller, we're very reliant on the public sector too which is getting smaller. The DWP have a section here and that's closing, thousands of people have gone from nearby councils (Blackpool, next door to us) is a unitary so I think lots of people have been made redundant or taken pay cuts there. Not much cash sloshing around for lots of folk. I can see the net closing in tbh and I feel more and more concerned about things. I think about all the money we've spent that we could have been saving. Feel pretty vulnerable at the minute if I'm honest.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:30 pm

Alec its awful to hear about so many people losing their jobs and like you say it will have a knock on effect.
The fishing industry was the biggest employer in this area and with all the quotas being cut every year it has had a huge effect here. The main street has more boarded up shops or charity shops than anything else, its quite depressing to walk down it.
I am feeling quite good today and am working very hard. My winter curtains are up in the living room so i decided to put up curtain poles in the other rooms so i can put the other living room curtains up there and not have them just all over the place like they have been Embarassed my hands are a mess now, I hate power tools, but the work is almost finished yippee
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:34 pm

It's kind of weird here. Lytham St Annes is pretty affluent, lots of retired people and folk with lots of cash, but there are pockets of deprivation too so I think there will be a bit of a divide. For people of working age I think it will be a case of leaving the Fylde to look for a well paying job.

Good work with the curtain poles!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:19 am

PurpleIvy wrote:I'm surprised I feel as well as I do. I normally start to take antidepressants (for treatment/prevention of SAD) with the autumn equinox, but I'm feeling OK at the moment. Trying to get as much light as poss.

Went for walk with friend and her dog this morning so was outside for about an hour. We don't walk that fast or that far, but I'm outside, which counts, esp as it was a nice day. After I had my breakfast when I got home I went into the garden and did some pruning in the sunshine. Then I sat for a while in front of the big windows in the sunshine. I don't really want to start taking the tablets till I have to, as they make me feel really really rough, especially in the first weeks. I figure by really making use of all the light, I can maybe delay starting the meds and so not be on them for as long.

Wish me luck!

also wish you luck, the weather should be a great help to you this week.... Very Happy especially sat outside, am going to do a spot of gardening this pm to top up my sun absorber!

Alec, when I heard the news about BAE I thought of those highly skilled engineers/fitters etc and the loss of those skills to the UK, no wonder people go abroad for work, a sad day for the UK.

mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:43 am

warm How do you feel today? - Page 2 2244421188
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:14 am

Feeling fine, been out to town.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:49 am

Actually I feel really rubbish and down now. Have got a problem. The local bridal shop I do some alterations for rang up. I was told that people who had collected bridesmaid dresses I had altered for them hadn't paid. The member of staff had to let them go without paying as the people got nasty and threatened her with the police. So they only left £15 of the £85 owed.

The dresses arrived in the shop in June but they only tried them on last Monday or Tuesday. There was a problem with how the zips looked (if you sew, you'll know that a zip in a bias seam is a tricky business at the best of times and these hadn't been stabilised before insertion). I had put the problem right. The customer said that as they were 'faulty' they weren't paying for the zip alterations and as the dresses had been paid for and were rightfully theirs they would call the police if they weren't handed over. The proprietor of the shop wasn't there, so the assistant had this to deal with, poor thing. The transaction is between the seamstress and the bride or whoever. If they had come in June to try the dresses, rather than leave them till the end of September, then they could have gone back to the manufacturer. Presumably remedied at their cost. As it is, the boss won't pay me, her assistant had to ring me and tell me this!

So I have to put up or shut up now. Do I want to challenge her and risk losing further work? I think that I need to try and get systems in place that will stop this happening again, but I don't know how.

Big Grrrrr...... and I got the call while I was out spending copious of cash on clothing and footwear for DS who is off to Uni next w/e! Hub on his way to Holland. Am well fed up.

PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:31 am

what a shame. I hope you get it sorted so it cant happen again. How do you feel today? - Page 2 2944204823
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:40 am

Did you stabilise the zips off your own back or did the bridal shop specifically tell you to correct it. If it was the latter I would argue that they should have to bear the brunt of the cost. If its the former......hmmmm not sure you could argue the shop should suck it up. Really crappy to leave it to the assistant to ring you, I think I'd be ringing to have a moan about that but that's just me.

Sending you lots of hugs. I guess it really boils down to how much you need them referring work your way.
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:05 am

Aw no purpleivy Sad I'm sorry you haven't got paid. Maybe play the 'I don't really understand' card and politely ask to speak to the manager. By palming the job off to the assistant makes me think she really isn't too good at her job - there's delegating and there's getting out of things - which is why I think the manager knows she's in the wrong here.

froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:26 am

ok apart from i sent a cheque to someone and they didnt receive it so sending it again. Makes me nervy though where has that cheque gone?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:18 pm

ok bit colder this morning though.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Not that I like to be negative but I feel quite rubbish today! I, like everyone, was totally knocked for six by the death of Gary Speed yesterday and it's really affected me. So I feel a bit melancholy today...

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:37 pm

I confess i hadnt really heard of him as i dont really follow Welsh football. I have heard it on the news and heard all the tributes and i admit very sad and a shock. Life is hard at times.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:38 pm

He was one of my favourite players when I was a teenager and he played for Leeds United.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:16 pm

I'm feeling...well, not as well as I have been doing. COnsidering the SAD and it's November, been doing exceptionally well, but went 'off' yesterday evening rather, but still, not too bad. Need to monitor things for a few days and decide whether to increase medication.

I'm happy that I'm away at the weekend for my dd's dance comp in Bath. She's home from Italy for the weekend so, lovely to see her again. Then won't be long till she's home for Christmas. And the boy child as well.

PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Not looking forward to dealing with the local council to day. I will be having to send out solictor's letters if the problem isn't resolved soon.

An error on a council work order has resulted in my private property being trespassed onto and my building supplies removed so my builder's are now siting around doing nothing.

Council put the wrong house number on their works order and ended up on my private property and not on the council owned property they should have been on which is infact around the corner.Rolling Eyes

All my beautiful reclaimed building supplies from the reclaimers yard have been distroyed. Sad Sad It took me months and months of research to find the correct supplies and some idoit of a council employee has distroyed them. Mad
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:03 am

How awful Aisles, you give 'em what for! Hope you manage to get it sorted.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:24 am

Thanks stiltwalker. After spending a hour on the phone I finally got through to the correct place and department. They are sendings someone round to 'have a look' but no one here yet.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:02 pm

feel ok, just wondering how cold it is outside. I havent been out yet.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:16 pm

Well apart from still feeling poorly as anything I feel absolutely FANTASTIC today as got my Open University result for my first course and I got (Drum roll!!!!!!!) a DISTINCTION!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Yay I am so pleased with myself as it's the first studying I've done in 18 years and I had a baby in the middle of the course!
How do you feel today? - Page 2 2873396784 How do you feel today? - Page 2 2873396784 How do you feel today? - Page 2 2873396784 How do you feel today? - Page 2 2873396784 How do you feel today? - Page 2 2873396784
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next