homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Organise...

+2
Bitsy Beans
alec eiffel
6 posters

Go down

How To Organise... Empty How To Organise...

Post  alec eiffel Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:42 pm

Thought it might be helpful to have a thread about how to organise various bits and bobs around the house - bathroom, craft stuff and all that.

So, I have a question. How do you organise stationery? We have a printer (old and cumbersome), shredder, envelopes of various sizes, paper, pens all the usual stuff and I just can't seem to ever have anywhere sensible to store it all. Any ideas?

Thanks!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

How To Organise... Empty Re: How To Organise...

Post  Bitsy Beans Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:38 am

Excellent question. We have 2 large built in wardrobes and aside from clothes and shoes we store an awful lot of stuff in there. However it still doesn't hide all the toys etc so we are having a conservatory built Very Happy bit drastic solution to organising problem but it works for us LOL actually it will be the playroom for childminding but the essence behind it is true.

What I hate about storing stuff in the wardrobe is having to take lots of stuff out just to get at one item Embarassed it's a real PITA. My paperwork is in a concertina file, stuff like envelopes etc are in one of those cardboard magazine holders and it's all on the top shelf of the wardrobe.
As for craft stuff....don't ask. It's piled at the bottom in boxes Laughing

Bathroom is organised so that drugs, lotions and potions and creams are stored in medicine cabinet. Extra bottles of shampoo stand on top of this. I have hand pumps filled with shampoos at the end of the bath (tiled shelf) along with bubble bath and shower gels. Toothpaste and toothbrushes on are on glass corner shelf by the sink. Doesn't sound very organised but actually I think the bathroom is one of the least cluttered rooms in the house Laughing
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:41 am

stationary bits and pieces are on the pc desk. Its got various shelves and compartments.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:56 am

Thanks. I always forget that people have desks and stuff like that. We have a laptop table for when the computer is in use then when it's away it lives in a drawer. I could do with a couple of those magazine organisers, that's a really good idea thanks. I've repurposed a storage box that we use as our phone seat (yes, we have a phone with a cable!) and everything but rolls of wrapping paper have fit inside it. I don't even wish to discuss the junk I took out of it or how dusty it was Shocked

Ikwym Bitsy, I could store stuff in my wardrobe but I'm a naturally "sidetracked" person so I prefer things to be easier to put away than they are to get out if that makes sense. I have my craft stuff under control at the minute. I bought this tool box and it's great, really big, a little drawer for beads and stuff and plenty of room for threads etc in the top section. I keep paper trimmers, pencils and papers in the bottom section. Bigger pieces of fabric I have hung up in a cupboard.

Thanks both, some good ideas, I think a trip to Dunelm/Staples is in order - never disappointing to me bounce

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:37 pm

its nice looking round Dunelm and Staples isnt it?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:39 pm

It is. I like going anywhere you can have a nice poke about and look at loads of bits and bobs - markets, tool shops, craft places, anywhere really!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:01 am

i like stationers too Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:49 am

Have any of you been to a Hobbycraft shop?
My mum was telling me someone told her it was a great shop
we have one about 40 miles away and i was wondering if it was worth making the trip
thinking about wool, fabric and things to make for xmas and also storage as at the mo i am just throwing stuff in the cupboard under the stairs(again) Shocked
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:08 am

Hobbycraft is expensive!
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:13 am

Thanks Purpleivy dont think i will bother making the trip then
you probably saved me a fortune! Very Happy
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  tooties Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:44 am

Hobbycraft is a truly wonderful shop it has everything that you didn't know you needed! If your like me (absolutly no self control in a good craft shop) then you come out with bulging bags full of stuff you didn't even know existed and a very empty purse. Sad
three times i have done that. so NO MORE!
Keep away from hobbycraft

tooties

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:16 am

Oh no tooties i really want to go now
but better not as i have no self control....none at all unfortunately
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:57 am

ive not been to hobbycraft i remember when they advertised though.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:17 pm

We go to Hobbycraft occasionally. It is expensive but they do have some nice things, it's not that amazing though imo, they just have stuff for lots of different crafts under one roof. I wouldn't go out of my way to visit one. Dunelm is better and cheaper for lots of the things I buy and we're lucky enough to have a newsagent that doubles as an art shop (?), a fabric crafts shop and a wool shop so I tend to stay local.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum