homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Has anyone still got a holiday to come this year

+12
froogs
mesh
marciared
knitmylife
flibsey
lollyfin
dolly blue
stiltwalker
jetbag
PurpleIvy
alec eiffel
TP
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has anyone still got a holiday to come this year - Page 2 Empty Re: Has anyone still got a holiday to come this year

Post  2boysmum Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:55 am

We are off to North Wales at the end of March for the weekend then as soon as the schools break up at the end of June we are off to Florida!! Can't come quick enough!
2boysmum
2boysmum

Back to top Go down

Has anyone still got a holiday to come this year - Page 2 Empty Re: Has anyone still got a holiday to come this year

Post  stiltwalker Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:51 am

Depends what you want to do TP. Lots of the activities are quite expensive but TBH DD's mobility issues mean that we'll get most use out of the swimming pool and soft play and those are both free. We're splashing out on a family photo shoot though as think it will be a really lovely memento.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:14 am

stiltwalker wrote:Having our first ever family holiday at Centre Parcs at the beginning of March, courtesy of some short break funding granted to DD. Have started to book some extra activities online now so that lots is paid for before we even get there!

We looked at this as a family and decided it was cheaper to go with http://www.manorhousehotel.co.uk/ lots to do if you like crafts and sports and want something for every one from grannie to little ones.

We go as a family every other year.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:34 am

Looks a nice place aisles unfortunately it's too far from us and besides with DD's mobility issues most of the stuff looks out of her reach, she's nearly 3 but has the mobility of a 12-18 month with the curiosity of her own age! We're going in term time and DD's funding covers some kids club time to give me a respite break.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:39 pm

Nothing planned here.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Very Happy Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Evenstar Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:56 am

We're off to Bideford in North Devon tomorrow for a few days Very Happy Not been there before so looking forward to a bit of exploring

Evenstar

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Have a good holiday, tell us all about it when you get back.

MIL hadn't been on holiday for a fair while, we don't go on holiday because we have pets but MIL has now become very keen for us to do so (I think it's something to do with making memories and all that). So she has offered to babysit the rabbits at some point if we want to go for a weekend away and has also offered to pay for a holiday for us when we are in a position to take one. It's a nice gesture but we already live at the seaside so holidays aren't all that exciting. If we want to build sandcastles then we are only a few minutes away!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:34 am

Aww that was good of your MIL to offer as it means you can go visit somewhere a bit different, see something else, do something else and just 'get away' for a couple of days.

DH garrett the dog and myself have just got back from a lovely time away with young friends staying at their mother's holiday cottage.

It was so lovely of them to ask us to go with them and then to come pick us all up and do all the driving.

They are 20 years younger than we are and we first met them 5 years ago in a car park when I came out of BHS to find a young lad admiring my car. We got into conservation and the 4 of us have been great friends ever since.

We had a great time down in Pembrokeshire, walking, flying kites, trying to identify birds and hedgerow plants. DH and Mat practised their newly accquired bread making skills while Jess and I knitted teddy bears and made candles.

Garrett suspiciously watched fluffy sheep and wasn't sure what to make of them or the collie dogs at the farm up the road that snarled and growled at him. Our Garrett is a powerful dog but a complete wimp and twice tried to slip his collar and run away back down the lane to the cottage when he saw the collies coming. Rolling Eyes

We found a lovely pub that did amazing food in Newport on the Pembroke Coast with extremely helpful friendly staff.

The only thing that worried us was going for a walk and looking across the valley to see the other side alight. It was the edge of the National Park and the the edge of a few farms. We called the fire bridage. Even with them trying to deal with it, it spread and kept going for 3 days and nights. Shocked
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:43 am

I've got lots of holidays left, well lots of little ones in my camper making up for the 4 or 5 years that I didn't get away Laughing
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:15 pm

dolly blue wrote:I've got lots of holidays left, well lots of little ones in my camper making up for the 4 or 5 years that I didn't get away Laughing

Sounds lovely.

Aisles, your holiday sounds really nice, other than the fire of course.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:37 am

Be off again tomorrow if i could wouldnt we all. Hope to get away later in the year.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:16 pm

We had an unexpected daycation on Sunday. We were just going to have a wander to the beach for a bit but decided to wander up to Blackpool and tried out the new trams. So we went the full length of the coast. It was a gorgeous day, the tram was gorgeous and everyone on board was in good spirits so we had a great time. Then we ran around on the beach in Fleetwood, shared a flask of coffee and some chocolate digestives bought from the kiosk, used our 2p stash at the arcade then headed back. Got off the tram at the Tower and walked back down the prom prom prom. Fab day out and we only spent £10!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:46 pm

No firm holiday plans yet.
We are hoping to be able to visit DH's family in France late august/september time, IF finances allow.
We do have a voucher from Brittany ferries for £300 (It was compensation from a horrendous trip with them last year) That will pay for most of our crossing though.
But as DH started a new job yesterday, we don't know when he will get any time off. And we probably won't be able to go for a fornight like we normally do.

So I am hoping for at least a weekend away in England this year, and if we manage to go abroad it will be a bonus.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2