homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

uuuuurgh!!!

3 posters

Go down

uuuuurgh!!! Empty uuuuurgh!!!

Post  flibsey Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:47 am

in an attempt to work out what's being spent where (including cash) hubby and i have started an old fashioned accounts ledger... and he's teaching me basic accounting. not a fun way to spend a saturday morning lol.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

uuuuurgh!!! Empty Re: uuuuurgh!!!

Post  froogs Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:56 am

I have no idea what an accounts ledger is but I can tell you 'hubby, money and teaching' would make me go uuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrgh too pale lol
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:21 am

lol, it's an old style acocunting book. paper pages, lots of columns, certain way to fill it out to make totals balance...
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:20 am

I'd rather be doing that Flibsey. Friend came round this morning, nearly finished doing full leg/bikini wax on her and the wax pot went over. She didn't get her eyebrows and underarms done. we de-camped to the open plan kitchen/dining room, where I did shellac on her finger and toenails. Hub departed on his business trip half way through this and is away till Thursday.

Talk about a big clearing up job. Fortunately I didn't have any sewing out in there, I was doing an alteration to a £159 dress yesterday and a £400 one last week. There's a wedding dress in there (probs about £1500) and fortunately it's in a sip up bag and at the other end of the room. I've said I"m not waxing any more! I don't do much any way, but think I shall limit to eyebrows now, where there is less chance of disaster. I may come round when I'm feeling a bit more calm.

Tell you what, I'll come over and do your accounts and you can clean up here. Deal?
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:46 am

PurpleIvy wrote:I'd rather be doing that Flibsey. Friend came round this morning, nearly finished doing full leg/bikini wax on her and the wax pot went over. She didn't get her eyebrows and underarms done. we de-camped to the open plan kitchen/dining room, where I did shellac on her finger and toenails. Hub departed on his business trip half way through this and is away till Thursday.

Talk about a big clearing up job. Fortunately I didn't have any sewing out in there, I was doing an alteration to a £159 dress yesterday and a £400 one last week. There's a wedding dress in there (probs about £1500) and fortunately it's in a sip up bag and at the other end of the room. I've said I"m not waxing any more! I don't do much any way, but think I shall limit to eyebrows now, where there is less chance of disaster. I may come round when I'm feeling a bit more calm.

Tell you what, I'll come over and do your accounts and you can clean up here. Deal?

lol!!!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:25 am

Well, a lot of detailed cleaning still to do, but at least I can get across the workroom floor. The drawer fronts are awful, but the rest is getting better. Really need to tidy my nail and pedi stuff away from the kitchen as the kids are due home. Grrrr!
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:34 am

Still cleaning up effin wax! It's over a year since I made some dresses with blue sequins on them. I keep finding them still. I think the flecks of wax will be the same.
PurpleIvy
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum