homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday 9 September

+5
life_in_termoil
lollyfin
Anne
Rosie
mesh
9 posters

Go down

Friday 9 September Empty Friday 9 September

Post  mesh Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:10 pm

morning all,

hope you dont mind me starting the daily thread today...

well I have an exciting day today, OH and yours truely are off to Lincoln for the day, overnighting and on saturday we are off to the BMF rallye (british motorbike federation). Yep its mainly for him but as I am a biker and have been for many many years, I will enjoy the outing too. But to ensure OS is being observed I :

got some chicken pieces whoopsies in coop yesterday.
little packets of sauces from a well known pub chain
napkins from OH work
taking water and a flask of coffee
also some whoopsies eccles cakes
and some nanas and dried figs. so dinner today is sorted and a bottle of vino for the hotel tonight.

sourced the well known pub chain for evening meal and Mr S for breakfast.

So me beauties, am all set just wish OH would wake up....... hope you all have a good day and a good weekend.. Very Happy bounce bounce
mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Friday 9 September Empty Re: Friday 9 September

Post  Rosie Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:54 pm

Have a good weekend.
I'm meeting up with an ex colleague for lunch today. It will be good to actually see someone, as most of my contact with people is through Forums.
Hopefully the weather will get better so that we can sit outside.
I hope everyone has a really good day.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:55 pm

Mine is a busy one today.
Last year, I helped with a cafe our church does for mums with babie, and toddlers. They can come and sit and have a hot drink and cake for £1 and we have toys out for the children to play with. No where in our town offers this type of place for the mums, our two cafes are small, and pushchairs aren't welcome, and the local hotel, who is good about young mums going in doesn't have things for the children to play with, so it's somewhere mums can go on a Firday morning wiht their children.Our library is good, and holds a 'noisy Friday' for little ones, so, often the mums will go there then pop in and have a cuppa with us. We have a meeting today, before starting up again next week.
I also do voluntry work for a local Pregnancy Advisory organisation. We give unbiased advice to women/girls who find themselves in an unexpected pregnancy situation, and aren't sure what to do. The aim is, to give these ladies the chance to make an informed choice of their own. Offering help i.e benifits, housing and stuff like that if needed. We also give child loss counselling, although I have to train for that yet, but it's something I want to do, having lost a son, miscarried twins, and miscarried a single baby. The centre counsels all baby loss, including ladies who have had abortions, and infertility issues. I love it. It's where my heart is, and I can't wait to start the counselling training :-) Today is my day to be in. We hold a drop in every Friday for two hours.
After that, I have shopping to do, then it's home to do the dinner, which will be quiches.
Tonight, I think I will 'just chill' lol.
Have a blessed one yourselves.
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Mesh and rosie have great days they sound like fun
Anne i am so sorry you have lost so many children i cant imagine how hard that must have been for you. I am glad you have found a way to turn that into something you have a passion for that helps other people, you are doing something great there.
well today i am going into town to meet my eldest DD as she is having problems with her work so we are going to get advice about what she can do
then i am cleaning upstairs today, that includes the bathroom,yuck, and finishing off my gloves and starting either another pair of a scarf havent decided yet but that is my treat for doing housework Very Happy
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  life_in_termoil Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:10 pm

Morning lovelies,

Today I am waiting in for the LL to come and collect the rent. She will come about lunchtime so in the meantime im going to:-

Unload dishwasher
reload dishwasher
hang out washing
reload washing machine
S + S bathroom
S + S downstairs loo
Hoover the hall
tidy the lounge
hoover the lounge
Mop hall floor
Mop lounge floor.

This afternoon once LL has been and I have had lunch I will be in the kitchen cleaning!

Tonight im going to chill with the lappy and a glass or 3 of wine.

Have a great day everyone

LiTx

Last edited by life_in_termoil on Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated jobs list)
life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:48 pm

Morning,

Today I am going to deep clean the spare bedroom, exercise, do some stitching and generally get everywhere ready for the weekend. Dan's finishing at 3 today so we're going to go out for coffee. Rugby on tv tonight so we'll watch that. Then we have a weekend of no plans at all *yay*

Have fun out and about everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:45 pm

Eenjoy weekends all. Razz

We are off to badminton tonight
Sunday they are opening up our local police station for an open day. Thought it might be interesting to go along. Expect there will be loads of people there.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:04 pm

TP wrote:Eenjoy weekends all. Razz

We are off to badminton tonight
Sunday they are opening up our local police station for an open day. Thought it might be interesting to go along. Expect there will be loads of people there.

Thanks, you've just reminded me it's the Heritage Open Days weekend this weekend! I'm going to find something to look at tomorrow and Sunday.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:22 pm

Going to pop out and get some meat and have a bit of a cook off, with dd, dd bf and ds at home its a bit mad, going to knock up a lasagne, do some chicken in lemon and garlic and not sure what else, what doesn't get eaten today will be recycled for tomorrow(having the day off from the kitchen Laughing ), might do a salad or two and garlic bread.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:33 am

I've had an exciting day what with sophie getting the prize, I found £5 in my old purse and my order from approved food came lol.

flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:43 am

good day then Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  life_in_termoil Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:28 am

This kind of summed up my afternoon.......

Friday 9 September I-have-so-much-to-do
life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:24 pm

love that.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content