homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expanding your family

+9
stiltwalker
Bitsy Beans
Teresa
flibsey
appletree
alec eiffel
TP
dolly blue
marciared
13 posters

Go down

Expanding your family Empty Expanding your family

Post  marciared Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:22 am

Does anyone have any plans to have a baby next year or sometime in the future?
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Expanding your family Empty Re: Expanding your family

Post  dolly blue Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:27 am

No No No Shocked
only additionals would be Labrador's lol Laughing

dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:29 am

no we arent planning anything Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:54 am

Goodness me no!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  appletree Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:19 am

I get broody very easily! Sometimes I think it would be lovey to have one more, DS started school in september so it has been very lonely for me in the daytimes now. BUT, it is very nice to have "children" now and not "babies" and life is a lot easier now they are both bigger and they can take care of themselves to an extent. I like the life we have at the moment and it would be turned upside down if we had another so no, no more here!
appletree
appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:18 am

oh the no-ing-est no in the whole of he-e-e-ell no land.

I suffered an AFE during sophie's birth and it nearly killed both of us. we didnt know at the time what had happened, so decided it'd be best to not risk another pregnancy. we now know what happened and still think the snip was the best thing we (he) ever did lol.
first off there's not enough evidence to show it'd be totally safe for me to have another baby, not only because of the AFE but also because the c section I had with sophie was so hurried, my scar could be unstable.
also with sophie, we can just about afford to treat her occasionally, and live in relative comfort. I don't know how we'd cope with another child with regards to money, space and time.

and then there's PND; I had it with sophie and it was coupled with PTSD from the birth so it wasn't a good time...

ifnally, I have a little girl who can tell me what's up, get herself snacks and finally wipe her own bum. and most of the time she sleeps through the night too (when she's not ill!)
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:53 am

no no, 2 sons are quite enough for us. DH had the snip when youngest was 6 months. we had decided before he was even born that was the plan lol
Teresa
Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:44 am

I'd love more but it would mean less space, even more sleepless nights than we currently get. I do miss my baby days and I am hit with the broody stick now and again but financially can't justify it.
Ho hum at least I have two gorgeous kids, am incredibly lucky to have that.
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:42 am

2 is quite enough here, in fact sent OH to the vets last Friday!!! Laughing (well the local hospital really - but after 2 difficult births I was tempted).
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:17 am

lol stiltwalker :-)
I'm leaving it up to my children now to do the family expanding, after having 1o, I feel I've expanded my family enough :-)
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:05 am

We have our first member Mrs H i think who is expecting a baby thats exciting. Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Yes, I'm 21 weeks, due in April.......and it's a girl! We couldn't resist finding out at the scan. We already have 1 little girl aged 3, and this next one will complete our family.

I'm prone to a couple of pregnancy conditions which make me extremely ill, and I spent a lot of time in hospital this time around, so we have to call it a day for the sake of my health. Saying that, I'm not sure we'd have more than 2 anyway really.

Very excited, but slightly stressed as the house descended into chaos when I was poorly (DH doesn't know where to start when it comes to domestics!). Just want the house to be an uncluttered, ordered space for when baby arrives.

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:36 pm

when in April Mrs H.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:42 pm

The 5th, although DD was late and expecting this one will likely be too. Sorry for being cagey, I tend to just say the month as I know it will be some time within that month, and hate the final few weeks when the world and his wife constantly say 'anything happening yet?!' Laughing

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:46 pm

MrsH wrote:The 5th, although DD was late and expecting this one will likely be too. Sorry for being cagey, I tend to just say the month as I know it will be some time within that month, and hate the final few weeks when the world and his wife constantly say 'anything happening yet?!' Laughing

MrsH, you are great! One of my friends had a baby a month or so ago. I feel as though I went through the entire flipping thing with her (I think she was pregnant for about 4 years). She would start every sentence with "I know you don't care..." and then say words like "forceps" or "dilation" and other things no childfree person wishes to know about. Rest assured I will do my part by never asking you if anything is happening yet!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:53 pm

Im the 4th ha.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:03 pm

Do you know, it's funny, I barely talk about it unless I'm asked. Obviously DH gets to know when I feel rough etc, but over analysing a pregnancy definitely makes it drag I think, plus I like to pretend I don't feel awful sometimes. On a good day, I can actually forget the feeling of lugging a bowling ball around in my tummy for 5 minutes Laughing

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:05 pm

MrsH wrote:Do you know, it's funny, I barely talk about it unless I'm asked. Obviously DH gets to know when I feel rough etc, but over analysing a pregnancy definitely makes it drag I think, plus I like to pretend I don't feel awful sometimes. On a good day, I can actually forget the feeling of lugging a bowling ball around in my tummy for 5 minutes Laughing

It's so funny that the one person who banged on and on and on and on and on about every hideous detail of the pregnancy is the same person who insists I'll change my mind about not having a child myself. Well, she's not helping me change my mind!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:43 pm

alec eiffel wrote:
MrsH wrote:Do you know, it's funny, I barely talk about it unless I'm asked. Obviously DH gets to know when I feel rough etc, but over analysing a pregnancy definitely makes it drag I think, plus I like to pretend I don't feel awful sometimes. On a good day, I can actually forget the feeling of lugging a bowling ball around in my tummy for 5 minutes Laughing

It's so funny that the one person who banged on and on and on and on and on about every hideous detail of the pregnancy is the same person who insists I'll change my mind about not having a child myself. Well, she's not helping me change my mind!

I hate being pregnant, but I know ladies who've had lovely ones. I can wholeheartedly say it's worth it, it's only the outcome that made me consider having a second. But when it comes to gory details, I'd rather talk about what happened on last night's Corrie Laughing

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:44 pm

I'll take your word for it pale

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  MumofMany Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:56 am

I never say never anymore! With 7 children (B10, B9, B8 on Saturday, B6, G4, G3 and B2 yesterday) I'm always broody. But I have horrible, complicated, painful, and sometimes dangerous pregnancies coupled with the fact that I have lost more babies than I've actually managed to carry to term - I'm actually beginning to think this may be it now...

I'm still terribly broody and often think I'll probably just have one more to even the numbers up... But I'm honestly not sure that we will bother. My baby turned 2 yesterday. This is the first time I've EVER celebrated one of my kids 2nd birthdays without having a younger sibling around. And it feels kind of nice to have a few hours each day where it's just him and he can be the sole focus and I can enjoy his "baby-ness" (even though he's 2 now) without distractions.

I think if we do have another baby - it'll be once he's in school.
MumofMany
MumofMany

http://perfect-english-housewife.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:24 am

mrs h has had her baby as she is on my fb i saw it. However i will let her if she wants to come on and say more and tell us herself.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:24 am

alec eiffel wrote:

On Alec I know someone just the same and I used to do my best to avoid her in the end.
Oh yes I do not appreicate friends sending me ultrasound picture's of their unborn granchild either without first asking.

Oh yes and the one's who attend my, 'Mother and Toddler Group' who give me that, stuck out bottom lip and the 'oh give it time, you're still young enought to have a baby' Errrm No I'm not I'm nearer to 50 than I am to, 40 thank you. I'm expecting the menopaus to kick in some time soon. Laughing Laughing

I then get the shocked look of you're what?, but we thought you were in your 30's Laughing Laughing
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:12 pm

TP wrote:mrs h has had her baby as she is on my fb i saw it. However i will let her if she wants to come on and say more and tell us herself.

I was wondering how she was getting on, congratulations to them! Expanding your family 3545360127

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:55 pm

why dosent someone pm her and say congrats. I sent her a message through fb.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down