homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Anyone Have Non- Homemaker Type Hobbies?

+14
dolly blue
SilverBird
cat_smith
Rosie
the_cat
lollyfin
Ivylinn
Anne
froogs
TP
life_in_termoil
wendy
Bitsy Beans
alec eiffel
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Does Anyone Have Non- Homemaker Type Hobbies? Empty Does Anyone Have Non- Homemaker Type Hobbies?

Post  alec eiffel Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Does anyone have any hobbies or interests that aren't to do with cooking, craft and housey stuff?
Just being nosey and seeing "beyond the housewife".

I like weight training, watching rugby league and ski jumping, mid century modern architecture, walking and coffee!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Have Non- Homemaker Type Hobbies? Empty Re: Does Anyone Have Non- Homemaker Type Hobbies?

Post  Bitsy Beans Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:16 pm

I do an adult tap class Smile I did ballet and tap for nearly 10 years when I was a child and re-discovered my love of dance over a year ago.
As for other hobbies.....well aside from learning to sew and craft type stuff I don't tend to have much time for anything else Embarassed
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Does Anyone Have Non- Homemaker Type Hobbies? Empty Re: Does Anyone Have Non- Homemaker Type Hobbies?

Post  wendy Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:50 pm

I love to do my Family History when I have time Smile
wendy
wendy

Back to top Go down

Post  life_in_termoil Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:26 pm

My hobbies are self improvement.......... I love to do on line courses on anything and everything, I love to keep up to date with computer courses and any other courses that take my fancy or interests me at the time.
life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:46 pm

playing badminton and watching football also walking.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:04 pm

I love to take photographs of anything and everything that interests me. I am having withdrawl though as my camera is kaput.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:15 am

Hi
Well apart form knitting and crafts, which are homemaker type hobbies, I am a dedicated family historian. Have researched both mine, and my husbands family tree :-) I enjoy church and love reading.

Last edited by Anne on Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:07 am

oh wow, I tried to search my family tree but stopped as it caused an argument with my Aunty.

The only Lily C I could find (my grandma) was born in different place to what her daughter (my aunty) thought. I was in so much trouble for trying to make up lies about my grandma.

I would never do that, it was just what I found out and didn't have any other finds to cancel it out. So 1) my aunty never spoke to me again and 2) I feel like I can't ever get to the truth further up the line because of this doubt. I have vowed never to do it again and that makes me quite sad.

It was very exciting while I was doing it though.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivylinn Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:09 am

Yes, I go to the gym, Play the guitar and like video games.
Ivylinn
Ivylinn

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:29 am

Aww frugaliciousness, that's sad :-( Some people can be over sensitive. I have to be careful what I say to mum, she can get a bit touchy when relatives are brought up. My gran had two children outside wedlock, before mum was born. THe children were adopted. Mum wouldn't want me to research them, not while she's still living anyway, so I appreciate that, and haven't looked in a big way into their births etc. Another reletive did, and mum asked him not to include the two previous children on his tree.
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:35 pm

I love reading and going for walks with OH, kids and dogs. We are going to find out more about foraging as we love finding rasps and brambles Embarassed thats all we know for sure
I have discovered a love of exercise as well at the ripe old age of 39!
I do enjoy driving as well, not sure you can call it a hobby, but I love just going out in my car music on singing away...dont do it that much now cos of the price of fuel but it is one thing gauranteed to make me smile (love my car old banger that it is haha)
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  the_cat Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:08 pm

I find most of my time taken up with playing tennis. If you join a private club (not one of those run for profit) it works out as a cheap hobby and many clubs run lessons for groups of all standards during the day.

It has been a great way for me to make friends and now forms almost all of my social life

the_cat

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:12 pm

does anyone do yoga? I see a chance to sign up in September but i dont know much about it?

Did you/do you enjoy it?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Yes MSE, Shabby Chic Cafe & no doubt this forum now, how many hours in the day do you want me to fill?
I do enjoy walking the dog, I'm very close to some lovely walks around NT land.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  cat_smith Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:55 am

When I'm not fighting and losing against BD I love running, the gym, yoga, scuba diving and skiing. Also looking into starting a Zumba class when I get back - anyone tried it? Do you feel like an idiot?
cat_smith
cat_smith

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverBird Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:36 am

I'm researching the family tree, do computer/web design stuff, enjoy card making, reading and music. Otherwise, everything else is homemaking related.
SilverBird
SilverBird

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:51 pm

Wild Camping in a motor home, its all a bit new still. Just head off when we want to random places.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:07 pm

hi dolly
thats what we want to do when OH retires (another 25 years...so not long!)
buy a camper and just go when ever and where ever we feel like.
we have had two towing vans and now have a static on a beautiful site but love camping as well we have two different tents depending on who is all coming with us. We have never had a holiday staying in a hotel ever, just realised that, like to come and go as it suits us
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:11 pm

lollyfin wrote:hi dolly
thats what we want to do when OH retires (another 25 years...so not long!)
buy a camper and just go when ever and where ever we feel like.
we have had two towing vans and now have a static on a beautiful site but love camping as well we have two different tents depending on who is all coming with us. We have never had a holiday staying in a hotel ever, just realised that, like to come and go as it suits us

I'm not a fan of staying in hotels. I think it's because I worked in the for such a long time I can never relax, I'm always thinking "they want me to bo out and about so they can get on with things". Not that we go away on holiday. We've toyed with the idea of getting a camper when we don't have rabbits and can get away but that all seems very far away so who knows.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:20 pm

dolly blue wrote:Wild Camping in a motor home, its all a bit new still. Just head off when we want to random places.

I always wanted a camper van. A while ago I went past one with my daughter & said the usual, ooh I'd love one of them.
She gently pointed out that as an almost agoraphobic, who drives about 2000 enforced miles a year, because I'm now also scared of driving, (boring) it wouldn't be much fun. Then promptly wet herself laughing.
If only I had a drive I could buy a camper van & go on holiday, without leaving the confines of my home.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:40 am

Well not retired yet not that old but I am 40 something you know that funny age as Oh puts it, Oh is slightly older pushing 53, its been on the things to do list for a while.
Only been doing a couple of nights at a time but end of Sept going to try a week or two. Not stayed on a site yet just pulled up into laybys, car parks ect, only worry is in getting mistaken for doggers.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:16 am

Gosh that could be worrying.
My Great Uncle & Aunt used to take their caravan over to France, he was well in his 70's maybe even his 80's & they were still going over for the summer. He'd given up driving here by then. Their first stop was always to a vineyard to stock up, unfortunately that meant they often got no further than the nearest lay by for a week or so until they ran out, then they'd drive on a bit further & find another vineyard.
Despite spending several months a year in France, I don't think they ever got very far.
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  tooties Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:06 am

My other hobbies include :~
eating junk
drinking too much tea
smoking too many ciggs
devoting too much time on the internet
spending too much money
eating too many take aways
mmmmmmmmmm think i need more homemaking input
regards

tooties

Back to top Go down

Post  life_in_termoil Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:47 am

tooties wrote:My other hobbies include :~
eating junk
drinking too much tea
smoking too many ciggs
spending too much money
regards

Haha sounds like me except im in the early stages of no smoking. Not had a ciggy for 2 weeks Shocked
life_in_termoil
life_in_termoil

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:34 pm

tooties wrote:My other hobbies include :~
eating junk
drinking too much tea
smoking too many ciggs
spending too much money
regards

My soul mate
Rosie
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum