Are You Happy?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are You Happy?

Post  alec eiffel on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:09 pm

I've been reading through the threads and there seems to be quite a few comments that make me think I'm the only person that's happy to be at home all the time! So, are you happy with how things are or would you prefer to have things some other way?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Re: Are You Happy?

Post  lollyfin on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:36 pm

I am actually happy to be at home all the time
I just suffer severly from guilt, when i was working i felt guilty because i wasnt at home and now im at home i feel guilty because im not working, ive always been the same
i even feel guilty for things i didnt do and cant change (im a bit weird!). if you put 10 people including me in a room and asked them if they broke into a bank im the one who would look like they did it even tho i didnt Smile
its just the way i am unfortunately
but yes i am happy at home definately
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  helen jelly on Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:55 pm

I'm very happy staying at home and wouldn't want it any other way. We plan for me to be at home for the foreseeable future and even though that makes things very tight money wise I try to use the internet to help us save money - something I couldn't do if I was working through lack of time

Helen
helen jelly

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh on Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:12 am

As the churchill insurance dog would say.....'oh yes' I am happy.

I have the occasional pang of guilt and then it passes....... my OH is happy with the arrangement and I dont see this arrangement changing anytime soon...... its an undervalued but very important role. Very Happy
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  SilverBird on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:22 am

Yes, I'm happy to be at home.
SilverBird

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:48 am

No, I'm not, mine is enforced through ill health. It's only me & the dog.
If I had a family then I think that I would be happy to embrace it, I was quite Earth Mother like when my daughter was young, although I did work from when she was a baby.
I think that there's a swing back to women taking pride in being home stylers rather than feeling invisible.
If I had my time over again I would definitely want to be at home all the time.
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:04 am

I am but for me it's a choice and has an end point (probably) when the kids are both at school, that is so long as DD catches up with her mobility, if not I may end up being at home longer. I love all the fab things I get to do and that I have the time to volunteer for community stuff as well and I shall be very sorry when I eventually have to go back to work. If we were in a better financial position I think we would look at being home long term but we do need to start making big pension payments and looking to be in a position to buy at some point or our retired future could be very bleak.
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  PurpleIvy on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:12 am

I'm very happy, but I've chosen to ditch my job and work at home. I'm so pleased that I'm not waiting each for my evil line manager to email or phone to let me know what hours I'll be working.
PurpleIvy

Back to top Go down

Post  myway on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:33 am

Yeah i'm happy with life the way it is. In some way's we're better off with me not working, I got lazy about cooking when i was at work, so most night's we went out of had take away's. We eat proper home cooked food again like when my kid's were all at home and going to school. Oh is a builder and when his job's come to an end rather that pay someone a whole day's money for a couple of hour's tidying up the place i go and muck in with the lad's. I don't get paid in money i get a big fat fry up at the cafe :pig:. What more could a girl want? Very Happy Very Happy

myway

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:29 am

Yes. Very. Very Happy
Anne x
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  TP on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:08 pm

yes altho i havent known anything else for a long time. I seem even happier since i created this forum and enjoy logging on etc Wink
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:09 pm

tenerifeprincess wrote:yes altho i havent known anything else for a long time. I seem even happier since i created this forum and enjoy logging on etc Wink

*yay* that's so good to hear!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  fuddle on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:14 pm

I'm happy with it most of the time.

I do suffer from the guilt thing especially now my children are at school but we have to be realistic and remember we would still need to pay for before and after school childcare and run a second car. We probably would be no better off and with some jobs actually worse off.

Catch 22 but I am happy with our decision to be a mum and homemaker. I will gain employment when my children are in their late teens though.
fuddle

Back to top Go down

Post  tooties on Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:35 pm

Yes I am happy at least most of the time although i miss the banter at work and seeing people everyday
regards

tooties

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:18 pm

not really no.

i am still working so thats why.

i have always worked and fortunately the last five years have been term time only so i get loads of holidays where i pretend that its my real life.

i have one more week left and then im back to work - how depressing.

i do love my job and more than that i enjoy buying nice things for the home and family and definitely enjoy lots of holidays and short breaks. so for now i must return to work but i plan to finish in five years and retire woo hoo x
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  TP on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:52 pm

are you still all ahppy Wink Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:09 am

Exceptionally happy!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:43 am

Yep I am happy, even more so after my decisions about work bounce
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NorthernLassy on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:31 am

Hello everyone, I am definitely more happy than I was when I had to juggle work and home...I would rather do one role (reasonably) well than two really badly Very Happy
NorthernLassy

Back to top Go down

A big hello

Post  yam900 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:55 am

this is my first post so be gentle. Very Happy

I am a full time housewife and if you ask me if i'm happy i would have to say yes.... but. Now the kids have grown up and left home (well ive got a 16 year old left) but I dont feel supported by my husband. He would rather me be working (preferably full time) to help pay the bills. Ive tried going out to work over the last 10 years or so and its always ended distasterously. Either the family fell apart, i fell apart or i just couldnt cope with b!tchy women. I guess i would be happy if i felt valued for what i do at home. I do earn money online which goes towards paying for things we need but he obviously doesnt think its enough or i wouldnt get the occasional dig. The fact is, if he hadnt spent so much when finances were good on motor vehicles/caravans etc he wouldnt be in this mess now.

yam900

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi Yam,

Welcome aboard! Sorry to hear you're having differences of opinion with your husband. That must be tough. Have you worked on your budget together so you can both see how much you make with your online work and how much it would cost if you had a job - clothes, increase in grocery bill if you didn't cook all the time, transport etc? That might help clear things up for both of you.

Look forward to chatting more, we'll all be very gentle with you Smile

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:09 am

relationship: very very very happy, very in love still.
money: not so happy
jim work: not so happy
car: happy. for some reason it's miraculously fixed itself again.
craft: very happy. doing well on my almost free blanket, got m spray baste so I can embroider my aunt's birthday pressie now too (spray baste needed for machine embroidering "unhoopable" fabrics.
exercise: doing more. even got my bike out today. I bought some of those "party feet" pads, the superdrug own brand, and they mercifully have a sticky back so I was able to wrap one around the right hand handlebar to cushion my CTS surgery scar! I had been planning to shove one in a fingerless glove lol. managed a bike ride to the shops near soph's school.
sophie: very happy and she's gorgeous and wonderful.
depression: actually, happy. doing very well. PTSD symptoms get better every day.
house: so utterly unhappy and pi$$ed off with the situation it eclipses everything else Sad
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans on Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:17 am

Yam sorry about your issues with your H, Alec makes a good point. BTW is he prepared to start doing his share of the household chores if you went out to work?? Wink

Flibsey sorry your unhappiness about your home eclipses everything Sad not chance of you changing accommodation? Am I right in thinking you rent?? Xxx
Bitsy Beans

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:30 am

Bitsy Beans wrote:Yam sorry about your issues with your H, Alec makes a good point. BTW is he prepared to start doing his share of the household chores if you went out to work?? Wink

Flibsey sorry your unhappiness about your home eclipses everything Sad not chance of you changing accommodation? Am I right in thinking you rent?? Xxx

yeah. private rent. we've done what we can, it's just a waiting game now.
we can't really afford the place, and we can't afford to move. even if we could there's literally nothing in walking distance of sophie's school and my dr's. I don't drive.
we're on the council list, and we've even written to our MP. I just get so depressed cleaning up mould all the freaking time, living in a place with threadbare carpets and no insulation and heating that's either like lava or the face of the planet Hoth (star wars reference), knowing if I store anything in the left hand side of the tiny junk room or on the floor of sophie's built in warderobe, it will go mouldy. I hate that my bedroom honks of mould even though it's clean and spore free for now. I hate that I can't do anything about it and I hate that jim shoulders everything and I can't help with that too.

I know, I'm complaining too much. I shouldn't complain, we have a roof over our heads but it's just so freaking hard to care about a house I dislike so much.
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:39 am

Yeah but to be fair flibsey it's not so much a house than a damp shack from the sounds of it. I can't believe you LL can get away with not doing anything? No I'll effects of your health I hope (aside from stress) xx
Bitsy Beans

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top