homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hosepipe Ban?

3 posters

Go down

Hosepipe Ban? Empty Hosepipe Ban?

Post  alec eiffel Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:39 pm

Does anyone live in an area subject to a hosepipe ban?

I'm in the North West so there are no problems here yet. Do you have a waterbutt or any other water saving devices?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Hosepipe Ban? Empty Re: Hosepipe Ban?

Post  Aisles Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:11 am

We are not in that one however we might still have one coming our way. Unfortantly our waterbutt's are still empty Sad

But if we do end up having a ban we can still fill the watering can from the hose pipe to water with.

It's the waterhosing of gardens that will not be allowed as you use more water than if you use it to fill your watering can and carefully use that to water just the plant. You have more directed control when watering with a can than you do with a hosepipe. So you use less water Very Happy
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Thu May 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Hello

I live in a hosepipe ban area. Am not sure if it will affect me or not, probably not as I am careful with water anyway. I have 3 water butts and recycle a lot of water for use in the garden. Apart from a 3 wall planters and 5 tubs in a group and no lawn (did away with grass about 15 years ago) the rest is planted for wildlife (shrubs, climbers, evergreen, fruit trees oh and veg).

My garden is hot in the back and front and cool at the side, so different planting for different areas.

Mind you, with all the rain thats around....... will they lift the ban??!
mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Thu May 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Well we still don't have enough rain unfortuantly what we do have is only about half geting into the water table. The rest due to it coming down all at once is not geting a chance to soak into the ground and is simply running off down the drains, swelling the rivers and rushing back out to sea Shocked

We have high winds between the rains which is drying up the rain very quickly before it can soak in and then releasing it again a few miles down the road :O
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum