homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steam mop?

2 posters

Go down

Steam mop? Empty Steam mop?

Post  MrsH Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Hi, just wondering if anyone has one of these and whether they would recommend them?

I have a Flash Power Mop I've been using for years, although I regularly get on my hands and knees with a cloth and bucket. I've heard whispers that Power Mop refills are being discontinued and I am having increasing difficulty finding stockists. I'm not a fan of the traditional mop and bucket, particularly as I feel they over wet laminate, which is the flooring I have in the kitchen diner.

I've been looking at the Lakeland Steam Mop and The Shark, both around the £60 mark. I'm thinking it would probably be an investment as would last a long time and buying refills for my Flash Mop currently is quite costly.

Any thoughts or experiences? Thank you in advance Very Happy

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Steam mop? Empty Re: Steam mop?

Post  pipling Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:57 pm

I used to have a Flash power mop and recently changed to a steam cleaner. Like you, I found it hard to find the refills for it anymore.
I have a Vax Hard Floor Steam Mop now. I do find it quite heavy and hard work tbh, and I wouldn't want to use it all the time, but for going over the kitchen floor once a month it is fine. I also use the "glider" attachment to go over the carpet too - I was amazed at how dirty my floors were Embarassed

I like to think the steam is more hygienic and you save money not having to buy cleaning products.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  MrsH Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:25 am

Thanks Pipling, funnily enough I saw an ad for the vax one this morning. Another to research! Think I'm decided I'll get one now, just a question of which.

MrsH

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down