homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March Chat thread

+4
dolly blue
pipling
alec eiffel
TP
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

March Chat thread - Page 2 Empty Re: March Chat thread

Post  TP Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:57 pm

Thats good. How old is she Pipling?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Glad to hear she's on the mend Pipling.

Another gorgeous day today. Have done a few puttery tasks around the house and am now stitching the blocks of my wall quilt together. Not the most exciting but but it has to be done. Dan is hoping to finish early today so we're going to go into the town, he's going to get his haircut and I'll do a bit of shopping then I think we're going to have coffee on the beach.

Dan's shoulder has recovered so we can pick up the decorating again tomorrow and we're going to the rugby on Sunday. Have a good weekend everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:37 am

Hi guys

Hope you all having a good month. We've had an amazing time at Centre Parcs! Done loads of swimming and eaten out all the time, the kids have troughed their way round the place and stunned everyone with the amount and variety of stuff they would eat. DD has done brilliantly with her walker all week, she's really got the hang of it. Feel really refreshed and we're already planning the next one, we're hoping to go to the Whinfell one after we get married in the Autumn. My parents live up there an have already said they can't see any problem with having the kids for the first night so we get one night to ourselves and then they can drop them off and join us for lunch on the second day.

Came back to find DD's blue badge in the post and the letter confirming that I have been awarded Carers Allowance, still got mixed feelings about that as it somehow makes it all more real but financially it will be a relief to let the belt out a bit.

Must go and catch up on some posts now.

Hugs
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:50 pm

wow lovely day yesterday. Glad you had a good time sw my turn next.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:41 pm

TP wrote:Thats good. How old is she Pipling?
She's 2 and a half. Thankfully she is much better now.

We still have illness in the house though. DH came down with the same thing on saturday and is still poorly, and I have been felling unwell too (Although I don't seem to have suffered as badly as the others did!)

I just want everything to get back to normal now, I am fed up of sleepless nights and sickness. So I am going to my parents house for the day tomorrow to recooperate.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:01 am

bought a house phone this morning other one died. Only £10 just a basic one that was all that was needed.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Hi folks,

Don't think I have too much to report, just doing the general puttery stuff. We went to The Lakes on Saturday, we went to Bowness as we hadn't been there together, don't think we'll go again tbh. After that we headed up to Ambleside which was as splendid as ever. We bought a floor cushion for the garden - an unexpected purchase but just what we wanted.

We went to the rugby on Sunday and actually won. I can hardly believe it. It was amazing! This week has been quiet so far just at home doing our usual stuff. I think we're at home this weekend too so we'll just be nipping to the library, having a walk on the beach, decorating and maybe we'll go to the Sea Life Centre if it's not too busy.

Have a good day.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:33 pm

I had a lovely relaxing day at my parents house yesterday. My dad and DD were busy in the garden most of the day, planting onions and feeding the fish in the pond.
Then they made some vegetable soup together which kept them quiet, whilst Mum and I caught up on all the gossip!

Today I am just doing some washing and clearing up.
Tomorrow we might spend the day in Worcester, we've never been there before so I am looking forward to it.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:43 pm

nice place enjoy,
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Had a lovely day in Worcester on saturday (It really is a nice place TP Wink ) . Poor DD was exhausted by the end and slept all the way home! We especially loved all the book shops and the fabric/craft shops - I bought a kit to make DD a quilt, something I have been looking for for ages.

Today I won't be doing much, I came down with the sickness bug that the rest of the family has had on saturday, So I am feeling pretty poorly and sorry for myself.

On the plus side, DD will be out all day tomorrow with her grandparents so I have a day of rest and recooperation to look forward to.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:35 am

Hi all,

Hope you're all well, no lingering bugs or viruses hanging about. This month has flown by for me, don't know about you. It's 2 years tomorrow since we moved to this house, can't remember what it was like before we lived here.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:47 pm

I've got a nasty cold thats been lingering for a couple of weeks,I seem to feel better for a day then it gets worse, sound like I'm on 40 a day.
Busy sorting out car insurance hate this job would rather go to the dentist, waiting for a call back quote, wouldn't mind if it was once a year but we have 4 vehicles between us.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:07 am

Get well soon!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:28 am

I am on holiday at the moment. Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:54 pm

TP - Enjoy yourself!

Finally all of our sickness has passed, and everyone is well again. It has taken several weeks for us all to recover, but we are back to normal now.
We took DD to Peppa Pig World last friday and we had such a lovely day in the sunshine, it blew all the winter blues (and cold/bugs/viruses etc) away!

Today, I am going to plant some cress seeds with DD, finish the clothes washing and tidy DDs room.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:02 pm

alec eiffel wrote:Hi all,

Hope you're all well, no lingering bugs or viruses hanging about. This month has flown by for me, don't know about you. It's 2 years tomorrow since we moved to this house, can't remember what it was like before we lived here.

Next month it will be 6 years since we moved here - it feels like yesterday Very Happy . It took about 4 years to get all the rooms redecorated, we made major changes like taking out a chimney and a wall, and re-landscaped the gardens to the front and back. I am just about ready to do it all again though, although we can't afford to move any time soon!
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:03 pm

What's Peppa Pig World? Is it like a small person theme park or something?

Bit of a weird and bumpy week for us this week so there are no plans as things are subject to change at any time, just taking each day as it comes.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:08 pm

pipling wrote:
alec eiffel wrote:Hi all,

Next month it will be 6 years since we moved here - it feels like yesterday Very Happy . It took about 4 years to get all the rooms redecorated, we made major changes like taking out a chimney and a wall, and re-landscaped the gardens to the front and back. I am just about ready to do it all again though, although we can't afford to move any time soon!

I'm so glad you've said that. I never cease to be amazed when people say they decorated a room in a weekend. How? We've had to strip off 40 years of wallpaper, sand and sugar soap the walls, fill like there's no tomorrow before we even get to the painting stage! We won't be having any large scale work done for a few years, the bathroom and kitchen could do with being replaced but the cash isn't there and they'll do for a little while.

I did a quick fix on the bathroom last week - painted all the wood work and deep cleaned so it looks better - there is one less room in the country with magnolia gloss *yuck*. The layout of the house is one of the things that attracted us to it, it's really well thought out and makes the best use of space so we don't want to change any of that thankfully The garden is a bit wild still but it's well established so gardening is pretty easy. We were going to make that a priority this year but that's just not going to happen. Maybe next year!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:35 am

alec eiffel wrote:What's Peppa Pig World? Is it like a small person theme park or something?

It is EXACTLY that! lots of rides for the under 5's and their parents, its part of Paultons theme park in Southampton.

I know what you mean about the decorating. It was at least a year before it felt like we weren't living on a building site and we had at least 1 project on the go at any one time for the first 4 years. That was before DD came along, so it was just me and DH, so we could limit ourselves to living in the front half of the house.
FIL is a retired builder/handy man which meant he did most of the work with DH's help, but as he and MIL live in France for half the year, it meant every thing took a lot longer than normal.
We knocked through the kitchen into the dining room and we lived for 3 months with the original sink in the middle of the room (still plumbed in), a large hole in the floor (A 4' drop underneath) with a plank over the top. We got so used to stepping over the hole, we have to stop ourselves doing it even now Very Happy
At the time I said never again, but now I have the urge to redecorate again.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Awwww, that sounds cute, I vaguely know what Peppa Pig is, it's nice when the very young folks have something for them isn't it. We had some free passes to Blackpool Pleasure Beach last year (they offer free day passes to locals once a year) and they have a Nickelodeon (sp) Land there with Spongebob, Dora the Explorer, a lad with an arrow painted on his head and some babies and a dog. It was really cute!

We lived in a building site for ages with our old house, it was an Edwardian Terrace and needed everything doing to it, every job revealed another 6 jobs and all that. Luckily everything here is pretty much cosmetic. But we're not really DIY enthusiasts so everything takes sooooo loooooong. It is worth it so far though.

Dan is out arranging more funeral stuff today so I'm just puttering about the place here, had a big declutter yesterday so need to box everything up today and things like that. Other than that I think I'll just be doing a bit of sewing and some exercise, just a normal day.

Anyone else doing anything?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Alex Sorry to hear OH is arranging a funeral, must of missed a few posts.
Gosh its April on Sunday but I do feel I've done lots of little things this year to make life a bit easier
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Thanks Dolly, I don't know if I said about anything, Dan's step dad died on Monday (although he wasn't his biological dad he moved in with Dan and his mum when he was very young so they were very close).

I can't believe it's nearly April, this month has flown I can't seem to hang onto the coat tails of this year!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Alec - so sorry to hear of your loss.

April is just round the corner isn't it? Gosh this year has flown by, and no hint of the really bad winter that was predicted.

Me and DD have been in the garden this morning enjoying the sunshine.
We have some freecycle people picking up our old garden furniture and gas bottle later on, but nothing else planned for today.

I am going to start looking for a new garden set - something smaller than we had last time, maybe a bistro type table and 2 chairs.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Thanks Pipling.

I'm going to vent now and some people might think this is offensive.

I would really like my mother to back off at the minute. I don't know why but the last couple of years she's tried to develop this "oh we're a great, close family" thing and we're not. We're a group of people who get on well enough but some of us can take or leave each other and we're not that bothered about family "stuff". We didn't have an emotional, huggy-lovefest as children and quite frankly waiting 30 years to start doing it is a bit late for me personally.

Anyway, she is going well over the top with Dan's step dad's death. I told her he'd died because it's a fact but since then it's been all about having to be at the funeral (she met him fewer than 6 times in 10 years) she wants to come to "support me", I don't need it. I am not a spiritual person I think lots of things about funerals are immoral and hypocritical with huge lashings of fakeness about the place. I don't need support, like every other thing in my life it's just something that happens and I don't need it to be wrapped up in all this post-Diana nonsense. MIL is pretty much the same, it's going to be a tiny funeral, no flowers, no party afterwards, hardly any people there.

Even before I knew how small the funeral was going to be I tried to put my mother off coming saying there was no need but she's a total fuss pot who loves to be in the thick of things (so she has something to tell people - then wonders why I never tell her anything). But she wouldn't take no for an answer. Then this morning we get a card in the post. WHY? She knows I would never give or receive a card again in my life if I could so why do it. It doesn't mean anything, I mean she can't be upset she didn't know the man. She also sent one to MIL who hasn't opened any of the cards as they're utterly pointless in her opinion. Aaaargh I know I sound like a brat but I just speak to my mother and wonder if she realises that it's me that's she's talking to.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:07 am

Alec - Rant away, I know a good rant does the world of good to me to get things off my chest.
This quote: "she's a total fuss pot who loves to be in the thick of things (so she has something to tell people - then wonders why I never tell her anything)..." reminds me SO much of someone in my family.

I have had such a busy day today:
Dusted,
Vacummed living room, hall and stairs,
Washing - all done and dried
Dishwasher - all done and put away,
Made some cookie dough and baked one batch of cookies already,
Did a hot boil wash of my washing machine with some vinegar as it was smelling a little musty pale ,
Caught up with a lot of competitions that I wanted to enter,

Now sat watching Mary Poppins with DD, testing the warm cookies, just to make sure they are ok of course Wink

Still waiting for the Next courier to pick up my parcel of items to return, she was supposed to be here before 1pm, Grrrrr.
pipling
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next