homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rising cost of childcare

5 posters

Go down

The rising cost of childcare Empty The rising cost of childcare

Post  TP Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:02 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-17156383

They were talking about this on the news this morning and it will be on Panorama tonight. One woman had twins and a 4 yr old and she said her cost of childcare was more than she earnt.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

The rising cost of childcare Empty Re: The rising cost of childcare

Post  knitmylife Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:50 am

im not sure what i feel about the cost of childcare really.

it seems that working people get money towards childcare. this is a relatively new thing i believe and im not sure a good thing.

up until the last ten/fifteen years people managed without having their childcare paid for so what has changed???

i personally think that if you have children you shouldnt pay someone else to look after them but thats just me.

having said that i have always worked at least part time but have worked around my husbands hours or my parents have helped out.

i dont think mothers should be encouraged to go back to work by assisting with childcare.

i read somewhere that it cost £100 a week to have a 2 year old in nursery full time. i personally wouldnt be prepared to look after someones 2 year old for £100. id want a lot more than that it probably works out at about £2 an hour.
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:29 am

oh Its hard for mothers damned if they do damned if they dont.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:42 am

Personaly I think if you choose to be a parent you should were possible raise you own children taking into consideration,your own particular ecomonic, health both physical and mental retraints.

I orignally trained as an NNEB and did further qualificiation in child care, and I look at some child care providers and cringe at the quality offered to children and their parents.

I have often said, "If you pay peanuts you'll only get monkeys"

If you have to pay for childcare then you want the best and for that you'll have to pay. Cheap child care beware ask yourself what are you geting for your money?

Also if you do have to go out to work and pay for professional child care don't feel guilty remember it's quality of time spent with a child not quanity of time that encourage's a child's development.

Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  bildanto Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:01 pm

With my eldest son I went back to work initially for 18 hours a week, 3 x 6 hours and used a local childminder and it was awful leaving him, over the years I gradually increased when he was at school to 24 hours a week. How do mums cope having to leave their children for a lot longer than this is beyond me. Before my second came along I made a conscious choice that if I had another that would be it I would be a SAHM to him I could not leave a 9 month old again. Personally I think all nurseries should have cameras installed to monitor everything.
bildanto
bildanto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum