homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mum's Christmas Cake

3 posters

Go down

Mum's Christmas Cake Empty Mum's Christmas Cake

Post  flibsey Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:13 pm

I decorate my mother's christmas cake each year. I've done this ever since she went back to work when my brothers and sister were finally grown enough and she'd recovered enough mentally. she just doesn't have time to do it now, and it means I get to practise ideas on her.

we seem to have begun a tradition; one year I do a jokey cake, the next is classy. this year it's the turn of classy.

Mum's Christmas Cake IMG_6713

that's a traditional square fruitcake (tesco's lol... I make mine and jim's cake due to lactose intollerance and my allergies to various stuff), cut into an octagon and covered in marzipan and fondant icing and topped with a pile of cake-balls made from the corners of the cake, amaretto butter icing and coloured white chocolate.... oh, and a load of edible glittery stuff! the star is moulded white chocolate too.
here's a picture of my balls (fner fner lol)

Mum's Christmas Cake IMG_6714

and finally, although this all looks incredibly impressive, nobody's perfect.

Mum's Christmas Cake IMG_6715

last year's was this, each of the gifts was a chocolate chip sponge as none of my brothers or sister like fruitcake....and yes, that's a 10lb bag of coal for Tom. 2010

Mum's Christmas Cake 126426_22Dec10_IMG_5864

the year before (2009) was classy again... and it was sort of an appology for 2008's offering Embarassed

Mum's Christmas Cake 126426_21Dec09_IMG_5445

finally 2008...Santa was peeing in a snowbank and ran out of wee...... see why I had to appologise in 2009?!

Mum's Christmas Cake Cake28

flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Mum's Christmas Cake Empty Re: Mum's Christmas Cake

Post  TP Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:52 am

flibsey i love ya your so cool.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  helen jelly Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:42 am

WOW

What a great tradition and the cakes look fab - love the 1 of Father Xmas peeing in the snow

Helen x
helen jelly
helen jelly

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down