View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Introduce yourself

Post  alec eiffel on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:33 am

Hi Evenstar, good to have you aboard.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Hello

Post  maryb on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:15 am

Like many of you I have found my way here from MSE. Recognise quite a few of you - sorry, can't find the "waves" smiley. Took early retirement nearly three years ago only to find that I never see my younger teenage daughter - except when she wants a lift. So much for my longed for opportunity to be a full time mother Rolling Eyes . DD1 is at uni and about to take finals following which she will boomerang back home depending on whether and where she gets a job. But most of her friends who graduated last year (her degree is four years not three) seem to be living at home, even the ones with jobs because it is so expensive to get their own flats. So I will probably get my baby back again for a bit before she moves out, probably about the same time her younger sister goes off to university. DH is still labouring at the coalface, yearning to retire so I do my best to make life as easy for him as I can. There's a lot worse you can do in life than make life happier and easier for those you love

maryb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sue99 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:08 am

maryb wrote: There's a lot worse you can do in life than make life happier and easier for those you love
That's a lovely sentiment, Mary, and so true. Thank you for reminding me of what really matters. Very Happy
Sue99

Back to top Go down

Post  TP on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:57 am

welcome Mary and we hope you might be able to bring some more people to our forum.

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Welcome maryb,

Thanks for your introduction post it was lovely, I agree with your sentiment. Look forward to chatting more about things!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top