homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Left overs

5 posters

Go down

Left overs Empty Left overs

Post  Aisles Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:09 am

How many of us make good meals from leftovers and what's your favourite leftover.

I love to do a big roast for DH and a big homemade veggie option for myself and a cake or crumble in the oven this way I don't just put the oven on for one item. Along with a very large steamer full of different veggies.

The next day I love to slice up leftover steamed potatoes and saute them and eat them with some salad leave's, some leftover cold veggies a big piece of homemade bread, home pickled onions and a chunk of cheese Very Happy mmmmmm yummie

The left over roast I like to cut up and pop into containers to use for DH sarnie's, curries, homemade pies and hot thick soups.
Aisles
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Left overs Empty Re: Left overs

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:55 pm

We usually make planned leftovers so I just make a double portion of something rather than being in a situation where I've made too much of something iyswim. I use the remoska rather than the oven for things so we don't have the needing to fill the oven up scenario.

We like bubble and squeak, fritters, roast veg pasta, sling it in pies and things like that.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:30 pm

if we do a roast then we plate up another meal.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:39 pm

I often do the economy gastronomy thing of making one big thing and then turning the rest into meals the rest of the week so a beef daub will become pies or pasties then a pasta dish and a roast bird will do Sunday dinner followed by pie, maybe a pasta dish before the last scraps of meat and stock made from the carcass turns into risotto. Leftover mash does so many things I often make extra on purpose, I love it as croquettes or as potato scones, it also turns into gnocchi.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:41 am

Recently I have been pretty good with left overs, but last week I slipped back to bad ways, and didn't keep an eye on things, or cater around them, so ended up haiving to throw stuff out that wasn't ediable :-( Feel really cross with myself, but determined not to do it this week. made a huge mincemeat casserole last night. Some is going into a pie, what's left from that will be added to some pasta tomorrow :-)
Anne x
Anne
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum