homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fancy A Natter?

+6
dolly blue
stiltwalker
flibsey
TP
2boysmum
alec eiffel
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Fancy A Natter? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fancy A Natter?

Post  dolly blue Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:21 am

Everyone gone away for the weekend? bit quiet here. Need to go with OH tomorrow to move one car from one garage to another, will get my groceries then when I'm out.
Hoovered the whole house today Fancy A Natter? - Page 2 2961018439 (well not the kids rooms they are away) then mopped all the rooms downstairs(no carpets)
Cooked a lump of pork and now have the veggies in the remoska.
Think I might open a bottle of vino tonight Laughing
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  2boysmum Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:38 am

Bit hectic here, yesterday we had DS parents evening, made a bit of progress as he's finally been referred to Educational Psychologist, we think he has Dyspraxia, Occupational Therapist thought that too but they can't make a formal diagnosis, so feel we've made a bit of progress, then we had Boy's Brigade to go to straight after that so lots of running around.
Tomorrow we're off to softplay with a friend of mine who I sort of lost contact with 10 years ago, she was at my wedding 6 years ago but that was the last time I spoke to her, we send christmas cards etc but haven't got together for a chat in 10 years. We met at an engagement party a few weeks ago and agreed to meet up so it will be good to catch up!
Sunday we have church with the Boy's Brigade for the Rememberence Service, then off to visit my dad and pick up DS's birthday presents from my dad and my sister. Decorating the house with banners and balloons once he goes to bed for his birthday on Monday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
2boysmum
2boysmum

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

We had a pretty productive one. finally fixed the dripping bath tap! We accidentally did most of our Christmas shopping and bought a rug and lamp for us. I'd looked online for ages for the rug and lamp, lo and behold there they were waiting for us in local shops! We also thrashed out what we're doing for Christmas which is a load off - despite a big passive aggressive guilt trip from FIL (I'll save that for the Christmas "family problems" thread!) So I feel organised and less stressed.

How did the meetup go yesterday 2boysmum? Hope DS enjoys his birthday too.

Any plans for this week? We don't have much on this week, my parents and their friends are coming up on Saturday but that's about it.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:26 pm

I wrote a reply dont know what happened to it. Rolling Eyes

Another mild autumn day yesterday and we went for a walk and a drive in the country and took the flask with us. We stopped off at a Home Bargains and got some things. No problems at the till this time Very Happy In the evening watched a film Made in Dagenham about equal pay for women at the Ford factory in 1968. A fact based film where the women went on strike for equal pay. Very good. Also watched Countryfile. Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:31 pm

It was gorgeous yesterday! We went for a walk on the beach, it was like summer. There were loads of people about, kids making sandcastles and stuff, loads of dogs running about. I went out without a coat and had to take my jumper off after a while, it was gorgeous. So hard to remember it's November!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  2boysmum Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:58 pm

alec eiffel wrote:
How did the meetup go yesterday 2boysmum? Hope DS enjoys his birthday too.

The meetup went really well, had a lovely chat and have agreed to meet up on a regular basis, she has a DS around the same age is mine so they had fun too! Gave ds his card yesterday telling him he was going to Florida (a day early) so that my dad and sister could see his reaction. He sat open mouthed for a bit then carried on playing with his new toys then after about 3 hours he was bouncing around the living room shouting "I'm going to Florida!!". He's gone off to school this morning a very happy boy and will get his cake when he comes home. Tomorrow is DH's birthday so need to do it all again tomorrow!
2boysmum
2boysmum

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:00 pm

Awww bless him, that's so cute! Busy time for you with the birthdays. My brother's birthday is the day before father's so we have the "no cake for ages then two come along at once" thing Very Happy

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:37 am

Hi everyone,

Been out this morning. Where you live Alec was on the one show last night about cockling on the beach.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:47 am

TP wrote:Hi everyone,

Been out this morning. Where you live Alec was on the one show last night about cockling on the beach.

Was it? I'm not surprised, it's been like a 3 ring circus since the beds reopened. Next to the green there's been coastguard, tv crews, council, county council, something to do with fisheries, police. It must have cost a flipping fortune. It's a shame for the "real" fishermen who shrimp and cockle but there are so many folk going out there without permission and without proper equipment - some people were rescued and they only had a mobile phone, not a proper radio with them. It's so dangerous there, when the sea comes in you can really see the sandbanks, so easy for people to become stranded.

I'm glad they decided against dredging the area to get the last of the catch though, we have lots of birds about the place and everything would have been dredged away leaving them with no food. I have to say it's been pretty weird seeing our area having the top two news items, it's usually something to do with one of the cities. But with cockles and fracking, it's been all about the Fylde recently!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:49 am

I think they were closing the beaches to cocklers.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:50 am

Yeah, they passed an emergency by-law to close the beds early.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:53 am

I just found the egg shell I dropped into the banana cake a few days ago. FFS.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:03 am

did anyone watch the England game tonight?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:54 pm

TP wrote:did anyone watch the England game tonight?

I did indeed, nearly dropped off half way through! I'm really looking forward to the premiership coming back this weekend, internationals can be sooooooooo dull. I am extra fond of Phil Jones though so he's always fun to watch. I can't stand that Adrian Chiles though, he really gets on my nerves, he leans forward whenever he speaks to camera and it irks me Mad

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 pm

today I'm wondering if Cath Kidston's staff will notice that Emma Oliver from Basildon has been rather abusing their free swatch service lol.

hey, 3 x free 7 x 5" oblong sample of oilcloth + 3 small purse frames = change purses for my daughter's friends' xmas pressies!!
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:55 am

flibsey wrote:today I'm wondering if Cath Kidston's staff will notice that Emma Oliver from Basildon has been rather abusing their free swatch service lol.

hey, 3 x free 7 x 5" oblong sample of oilcloth + 3 small purse frames = change purses for my daughter's friends' xmas pressies!!

Ooooh did you do that online or in a store? Pics please when you are finished Smile
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:21 am

online.

http://www.cathkidston.co.uk/c-103-fabric.aspx click on the upholstery or oilcloth menu, click on a fabric swatch and on the right below all the blurb is an "add to basket" icon and next to that is an"order free sample" button.

you can get 5 at a time, but I'm on my 4th order lol... not all of them oilcloth for purses though, some are for other purposes. you may find on some of the higher priced swatches that they print "not for resale" across it, but out of my 4 orders deliverd so far I've only had one with that. one of the oilcloth samples had the ink soak through from the label on the back, but it only affected the last 1.5" of the short end so it's still fit for my purpose.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:54 pm

not bad out there today been to voluntary work this morning.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:24 pm

Like the Christmassy look to the forum TP. Well done!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:54 pm

whats going on today?
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:57 pm

Not too much.

Dan has gone to Gateshead for an event so have a looooong day on my own. Am doing some quilting now and looking for fabric for the next one. That's about it.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  mesh Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:57 am

I met a mate for breakfast, a mouch round the charity shops, cycled home, housework and now..... the ironing.........yuk!
mesh
mesh

Back to top Go down

Post  sunrisecards Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:13 am

I'm off work ill but can't even be off ill in peace as we have the workmen in as after 17 years of rotten really bad windows we're finally having double glazing so I'm in my bedroom with my netbook surfing the net cos its freezing downstairs Mad

sunrisecards

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/sunrisecards/106821402675991

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:15 am

you will definetely notice the difference then when your windows are in.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum