Do you like Grapes?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you like Grapes?

Post  TP on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:26 am

Do you like grapes and if so red or green?

we love grapes and buy them every week. Red seedless ones are so nice and straight from the fridge even better. Very Happy I once heard someone say they thought grapes were only things you took sick people in hospital. Found that very odd. Grapes are for eating all the time not just when your ill. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Re: Do you like Grapes?

Post  appletree on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:31 am

they are OK, not keen on much fruit to be honest, kids love them though, think its because they are small and they can pick at them, only seedless ones though, seeds would put us all off, hate anything that you have to pick "things" out of
appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:37 am

I kind of like grapes, we hardly ever have them but I enjoy them well enough when we do.

Last edited by alec eiffel on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removing photo)

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP on Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:38 am

thats huge!

Back to top Go down

Post  TP on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:10 pm

appletree wrote:they are OK, not keen on much fruit to be honest, kids love them though, think its because they are small and they can pick at them, only seedless ones though, seeds would put us all off, hate anything that you have to pick "things" out of

dont seem to see any ones with seeds these days. They are all seedless.

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue on Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:19 pm

I got my own vine, this was the first year, think it was a good year with the late warm weather to sweeten then up, only left about 5 bunch's on with it being the first year. Need it to set down good roots, was told not to let any set but didn't have the heart to strip it.
Only found out grapes are a no no for dogs a couple of years ago, my lab used to love sharing a punnet catching a grape Embarassed
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:12 am

I don't care what colour they are, so long as they don't have to travel *too* far. for instance spanish instead of egyptian etc.
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:46 am

I like them but I hardly ever buy them. I buy mainly apples, pears, oranges and plums.
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  TP on Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:32 am

just reading that eating grapes can lower the risk of heart disease?

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:46 am

I never think "Oh I'll have some grapes" but somehow an entire bowlful seems to disappear with picking one or two on the way past. Was always some about in our house when I was a kid that got eaten like this - think my mum just thought it was a good way to get some fruit into us.
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Anne on Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:36 am

I love them. I get a tummy ache though if I eat too many.
Anne x
Anne

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:57 pm

I know some people who are losing weight and they freeze grapes to have as a sweet snack, seems to work well for them.

I guess the heart disease thing makes sense because they say a glass of wine can help with a healthy heart don't they. Something to do with antioxidents and things in the skins iirc.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  ~KATIE~ on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:49 pm

I like grapes. I like to eat them more with cheese and crackers. Though I do not like the ones with little pips in.

I have read that about grapes being good for lowering the risk of heart disease as well, can't hurt to eat them and might help in the long run. I've also read that eating purple grapes can help lower the risk of cancer as well.
~KATIE~

Back to top Go down

Post  pipling on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:11 pm

We buy both red and green ones every week.
DD loves them, as they are nice and small and she can eat them without getting messy.
I don't mind them either. its nice to have something to snack on without any prep, straight from the fridge.
pipling

Back to top Go down

Post  parsley on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:40 pm

TP wrote:Do you like grapes and if so red or green?

we love grapes and buy them every week. Red seedless ones are so nice and straight from the fridge even better. Very Happy I once heard someone say they thought grapes were only things you took sick people in hospital. Found that very odd. Grapes are for eating all the time not just when your ill. Laughing

grapes are a self contained food like a banana! If someone is finding it difficult to eat, a few grapes are achievable and the nourishment will provide the energy to get back on track and eat other things.

grapes are seasonable and the price is variable. Currently Rosspa has red grapes and green grapes for 99p per 500g but this is not static and can vary. No pips at present but the presence of pips is seasonal

grapes have usually been handled by a human so immerse grapes in cold water to cleanse before offering for consumption.

parsley

Back to top Go down

Post  Aisles on Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:37 pm

mmm yummmie grapes I don't mind which red or white seedless or seeded very yummie and good for you.

I even have a red grape vine of my own. Very Happy

Everyone says ohhh lots of wine but noooo I don't like wine ie I don't drink it only cook with it Very Happy

I've not had any grape's for about 3 weeks mmmmm think I should put them down on my shoping list Very Happy
Aisles

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum