homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's Friday - What Are You Doing?

+3
2boysmum
dolly blue
alec eiffel
7 posters

Go down

It's Friday - What Are You Doing? Empty It's Friday - What Are You Doing?

Post  alec eiffel Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi all,

Pretty quiet round these here parts again. What's everyone been up to this week? Any plans for the weekend?

We haven't done much this week. It was MIL's birthday yesterday so we went over to see her. I think we hit the jackpot with her gift. She's really hard to buy for as she doesn't wear cosmetics or perfume and likes her own one brand of products. She doesn't read, is still working her way through the last iTunes voucher we bought for her, clothes buying is a nightmare and she doesn't like to change the look of the house much. So we bought her a couple of games (her husband is ill so they are at home pretty much all the time these days). One of the games was a book of lateral thinking puzzles - my goodness, we did about 3 in an hour. Even her husband perked up a bit and had a good laugh trying to guess the answers. So that's going to be the thing for the next couple of weeks I think *phew*.

Other than that, my parents came up on Monday to clear the garden and we've been looking for a couple of rugs for the living area and kitchen. That's about it. This weekend is going to be mainly at home *yay*. Rugby League tonight with some benedictine and the Graze box and then relaxing and maybe watching some football.

Have a good weekend whatever you're up to!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

It's Friday - What Are You Doing? Empty Re: It's Friday - What Are You Doing?

Post  dolly blue Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Well not done a lot so far today Shocked , did manage to post some letters that were sitting on my desk since Monday Embarassed
I did intend to go food shopping and put some cheques in the bank but didn't ask OH to sign his premium bond winning cheque(only £25 lol) but can't be bothered.
Trying to use freezer food up so will pick up a few bits when out tomorrow.
Nothing to exciting planned for the weekend but supposed to be having the day out with OH tomorrow and a chip supper tomorrow night.
Still been busy decluttering,need ideas of how to sort store photos.
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  2boysmum Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Been very busy the last week with it being school holidays, we've been to soft play, the cinema, shopping, the weather has been awful though we would have loved to be outdoors doing free stuff but it was just far too wet and windy. Got all my materials for my Open University course through so have been reading up on that before it starts at the beginning of November.
Today we are having a big tidy, "Tidy Friday" I call it, so I can relax at the weekend, just a quick tidy in the morning! Nearly done with the tidying just the bathroom to do, hate doing that with 2 boys and DH it can get a bit messy.
This afternoon we are attemting to make a cardboard pyramid for DS's school project Shocked Shocked so I'm sure that will keep us busy for the rest of the day!
2boysmum
2boysmum

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:54 am

Whoooo, £25 is nice bounce

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:13 am

yes forum has gone a bit quiet - oi you lot where are you all??!!!

I've been mostly housework and a bit of sewing this week. I just don't know where the time goes (well I might do a little bit and the computer plays a big part Surprised Surprised Surprised)
I did today however use some coupons a friend gave me for a lovely non stick grill pan from Tesco. Should have been £60 and I paid £18 BARGAIN!!!!!

H announed that instead of just my BIL and his GF coming tomorrow night we will in actual have 7 adults in our house as more of his family are coming to see BIL too Shocked And seemingly we are going to have to feed them. Jeez thanks for the notice Rolling Eyes H seems to think this is all OK......yeah right and who will end up doing all the bloody prep work for feeding them Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I shall end it here before my blood pressure hits sky high silent
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  appletree Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:53 am

today I have been packing Very Happy DH got next week off (schools half term) so we have booked a late deal up to go to Dorset for the week in a caravan. Looking forward to it except its always cold and windy by the coast and I don't like the cold, brrrrrrrr, lots of hat, scarves, gloves & hot water bottles packed, DH thinks I'm nuts, I said he'll be thanking me next week!

Bitsy Beans think I'd be fuming at that, get him to do all the tidying up and washing up afterwards, think I'd rather do the cooking than the clearing up! What are you going to make?
appletree
appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  Bitsy Beans Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:21 am

I have no idea what I am going to feed them apple tree. H mentioned a buffet but that's probably going to cost more. Have been wondering about a veggie curry as SIL is a veggie. Never made a veggie curry before though <rushes off to google>
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  appletree Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:41 am

what about a veggie chilli? I have made that before with lentils, you could do 2 batches one with meat and one veggie and serve it with jacket potatoes, very autumunal Very Happy
appletree
appletree

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:44 am

Had a mental week here and another one coming up. My OU exam on Monday went ok - last question was a bit of a stinker but apart from that it seemed to go well. Been catching up on my new course as that officially started on the 8th but I'd not done anything til after my exam. My parents came to stay last night so made good dinner as it is also their 39th wedding anniversary today we had antipasti starters, roast belly pork with veg and duchess potatoes and torta della nonna to finish. Then got up early pearly this morning to take OH to the hospital for the snip then when we got back I took the kids out to meet friends after lunc so he could have some peace and quiet.

Next week starts with a vengence tomorrow with a tutorial in the morning, Monday we've got OH's brother and family coming for lunch, Tuesday is the turn of my brother and his family, appointment for DD on Thursday morning, Halloween party on Friday and DS is beng Christened on Sunday so will have umpteen people back to the house for roast pork and stuffing butties so will need to have scrubed the house top to bottom! Monday is back to normal with DD's group and then on Tuesday it must be time for a rest.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. X
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  flibsey Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:41 am

well today was actually quite good.
got up at a sensible time, hubby and I managed to clean the whole house in under an hour... me doing pots and kitchen, bathroom, soph's room and sorting and putting washing away, him doing livingroom (by far the worst room), putting more washing on and cleaning our bedroom...
went into town to go to Bon Marché and get a copy of their in store magazine for the free xmas tree decoration and the "you only pay postage" bracelet.
went to asda to get some bits, marge and a jar of lemon curd as a base for my lemon meringue pie filling.

soph had the mother of all tantrums in asda so went to her room for a while when we got home, then had a family meeting about her recent behaviour. she's been amazing for the rest of the day.
while she was calming, I made a lemon meringue pie. once it was cool, she ate 1 and a half adult size slices of it!!!

soph and I made some hair clips but used the wrong glue so tomorrow we'll be doing it again tomorrow!!

right now we've just had dinner (which sophie sat and ate, an amazing feat of amazingness) and right now my hubby and younger brother in law are discussing cars. bro in law is here 'cos the traffic is murder and we're on his way home so he's popped in to wait out the rush hour....sophie is cleaning up her own stuf without being asked.

finally I managed a day of not over eating, not surviving on caffeine and not having a nap. am very proud of me.
flibsey
flibsey

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:37 pm

Well done Flibsey!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down