homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

private stuff

+2
Teresa
knitmylife
6 posters

Go down

private stuff Empty private stuff

Post  knitmylife Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:23 am

now that i have got to know you all a bit and settled in there are a number of quite private issues i feel ready to discuss however im not comfortable to discuss them in a completely public forum.

is there any way we could have a 'private lounge' where we could discuss more personal matters. perhaps open to members after posting a certain number of times or something. just a thought xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

private stuff Empty Re: private stuff

Post  Teresa Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:21 am

i like the sound of that aswell
Teresa
Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:01 am

knitmylife wrote:now that i have got to know you all a bit and settled in there are a number of quite private issues i feel ready to discuss however im not comfortable to discuss them in a completely public forum.

is there any way we could have a 'private lounge' where we could discuss more personal matters. perhaps open to members after posting a certain number of times or something. just a thought xx

The diary section is only viewable to members did you know that? private stuff 2944204823 I am not sure if we can have a board that is only viewable to members after a certain number of posts but i can try and find out. I do know i have set it so people can only private message people if they have made at least 5 posts.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:30 pm

TP wrote:
knitmylife wrote:now that i have got to know you all a bit and settled in there are a number of quite private issues i feel ready to discuss however im not comfortable to discuss them in a completely public forum.

The diary section is only viewable to members did you know that? private stuff 2944204823 I am not sure if we can have a board that is only viewable to members after a certain number of posts but i can try and find out. I do know i have set it so people can only private message people if they have made at least 5 posts.

there is a way you can assign a different group to newly registered users, set the amount of messages they have to write before they can move to registered users. You could prevent newly registered users from reading the private board. I can't explain how to do it but TP they would do a good job of explaining on the Help Forum in Admin (have you found that?) Also TP, moderators can't moderate anything on the new food section. It doesn't really matter other than I think I can only edit the grocery spends thread as it was me that set it up. Here to help and have a fiddle about if you need me as always Smile
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:05 am

oops i didnt realise no-one else could moderate the new food and drink section. Well spotted. Wink Yes please if you make it so that moderators can moderate on there. That would be good. Thanks Froogs.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:35 am

TP wrote:oops i didnt realise no-one else could moderate the new food and drink section. Well spotted. Wink Yes please if you make it so that moderators can moderate on there. That would be good. Thanks Froogs.

i'll do it tomorrow, no problem Smile If you see Admin logged in that's who it is
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:54 am

did you manage it froogs?

I was thinking of having a goals and plans post or section everyone. Like a long term plans and goals you want to achieve etc? where you think you might be in 5 years time etc and then updates. I dont know whether this would cross over with the diary though. Post if you think its a good idea or not. If we dont have it now maybe sometime later on.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:36 am

TP wrote:did you manage it froogs?

I was thinking of having a goals and plans post or section everyone. Like a long term plans and goals you want to achieve etc? where you think you might be in 5 years time etc and then updates. I dont know whether this would cross over with the diary though. Post if you think its a good idea or not. If we dont have it now maybe sometime later on.

eek no, i'll pop back later and do it Embarassed sorry TP
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:52 am

I was thinking of having a goals and plans post or section everyone. Like a long term plans and goals you want to achieve etc? where you think you might be in 5 years time etc and then updates. I dont know whether this would cross over with the diary though. Post if you think its a good idea or not. If we dont have it now maybe sometime later on.[/quote]

I think this is a good idea, but not very good at forward planning and goals, but it could help me in the long run.
Five years time I will be fifty Shocked
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:55 pm

The moderators can now moderate the new food section TP. Sorry it took so long but all fixed now
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:17 pm

Very Happy
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  marciared Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:52 pm

I dont have a diary so I wouldnt mind that.
marciared
marciared

Back to top Go down

Post  knitmylife Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:22 am

i dont have a diary either and i think its a great idea.

thanks xx
knitmylife
knitmylife

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:07 am

ok then, when i get back from holiday will sort something out. I think its a good idea too.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum