The Weight Loss Thread

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Post  cat_smith on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:17 am

Why is it that if you have a smallish bust and lost weight this is the first place you lose it from? It's the only 'advantage' of being overweight. I actually need a bra Laughing The minute I try and lose weight it will disappear almost completely. Why can't it go from the waist/hips/thighs first where I need to lose it?

Rhetorical question but annoying nevertheless.
cat_smith

Back to top Go down

Post  TP on Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:19 am

what drives me mad is as soon as you lose weight or put it on then your bra size changes all over again its a nightmare knowing if you are wearing the correct bra?
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs on Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:26 pm

I'm doing ok really, not brilliant but ok.

Last night we had beef stir fry with noodles but my portion was not too small Embarassed

There's now no biscuits or crisps in the house which is great because no temptation.

I'm in a good frame of mind. Thinking of porridge for breakfast Very Happy
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:07 am

Does anyone have any exercise ideas?

I used to love exercising, but since we moved house I just can't get into it in the same way and I don't know why. That was fine when it was "the new house" and everything was different but we've been here for over a year now. My new exercise bike is going back because I just don't get on with it and I'm totally uninspired to weight train these days.

Any ideas to help me get back to basics?

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:16 am

What about putting on music and dancing around for a set amount of songs, fast songs not smoochies Very Happy
I like doing exercise dvds and i have my treadmill that i like as well
If theres nice places around where you live you could also go for walks timing yourself and try to beat your own time or go further. I like trying to beat myself, im a bit strange Embarassed
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:20 am

lollyfin wrote:What about putting on music and dancing around for a set amount of songs, fast songs not smoochies Very Happy
I like doing exercise dvds and i have my treadmill that i like as well
If theres nice places around where you live you could also go for walks timing yourself and try to beat your own time or go further. I like trying to beat myself, im a bit strange Embarassed

No, not strange I do that too!

I guess that's what I'm going to have to do. I am so gutted that my bike has to go back I guess nothing else makes me feel excited about exercising. We do live somewhere nice, our house is 10 minutes from the beach. I don't know it just doesn't fire me up... but hey, you don't always have to like things, sometimes you just have to do them so I'll shut up whining and do something instead.

Cheers!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 am

just a thought we could do what they do on the flylady thread and ask others to join in for 30 mins of exercise then report back that might make you (and me) a bit more motivated because we have company!
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  cat_smith on Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:25 am

lollyfin - sounds like a great idea. I'm in the dog house. Went to meet greenbee. Brilliant. Then stopped off on the way home. Now into glass five. Bad Bad Bad.
cat_smith

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin on Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:37 am

Oh cat its ok its a blip, you have been very good and theres still a couple of days till weigh in :affraid:
and i bet you enjoyed yourself today, its nice to get out and spend time with your friends (cant remember last time I did that actually :cry: )
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:24 pm

Not too bad eating yesterday again. I used turkey mince in our spicy bake with lots of roast veg. Portion size was probably too big but I was really hungry. Not getting any exercise done mind you. I must step on the cross trainer Embarassed

Today I feel like I can continue but my Mum is coming to stay and normally brings goodies and sometimes pasty's from the bakery. We will have to wait and see.

Have a positive day everyone x
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:43 pm

Well, spoke to the suppliers of the exercise bike yesterday and they have given me some tips so I'm going to give it another go when the Ocado man has been...

I like the idea of a check in. Another forum I use has a group where everyone sets a goal for the month - so some people say 30 minutes a day 3 days a week, some people say they want to do 300 minutes in that month, or that they want to walk x amount of miles or whatever. That seems like a good idea too.

Today I am going to do at least 30 minutes on my bike and see where I get to. Cheers all.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:52 pm

That is interesting alec eiffel. Ok, I'm going to set myself a monthly target of cross training 60km. That's 2km a day.. eeek, what am I doing lol
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:54 pm

What is a cross trainer? Is it the same as an eliptical trainer? (I just know someone is going to post a link to "let me google that for you"!)

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:18 pm

alec eiffel wrote:What is a cross trainer? Is it the same as an eliptical trainer? (I just know someone is going to post a link to "let me google that for you"!)

yes it is Smile It's good to have a human answer though isn't it. Searches have all the answers of everything, we know that but there's nothing like asking a question and getting a human answer back.

I have seen on other forums people getting uppity at others for asking questions and being told to go to google. I have to wonder what they're doing on a forum in the first place Rolling Eyes

froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:41 pm

Well this is the thing isn't it, it's about being interested and chatting.

How do you find your cross trainer, fun, hard, indifferent? Can you change the resistance on it and all that stuff? Can you tell I'm on the lookout for my next potential piece of equipment? Very Happy

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Rosie on Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:26 am

Oh dear, oh dear, weigh in tomorrow.
I've been bad so bad.
Oh well another week next week.
I think that it was on here that Pauline Quirkes weight loss was discussed, am I the only one who thinks that she's lost a little too much?
Rosie

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:02 pm

morning folks
well what i thought would happen this week has
I have put on 2 pounds so am now 11st 2
its ok tho i was expecting it and as rosie said next week is a new one Very Happy
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:48 pm

Don't fret if you've gained, Rome wasn't built in a day! Today is another chance to make good decisions.

Yesterday I crawled 4 miles up a very big hill on my exercise bike for 35 minutes. Today I'm going to do 30 minutes low intensity as we're walking to and from Blackpool tonight to watch the lights switch on (a good excuse to play arcades and drink hot chocolate) so that's another 6 or 7 miles round trip. We stocked up with some yummy food last night - leeks, celeriac, bns etc so food should be good this week *yum*

Have a good day everyone.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Rosie wrote:Oh dear, oh dear, weigh in tomorrow.
I've been bad so bad.
Oh well another week next week.
I think that it was on here that Pauline Quirkes weight loss was discussed, am I the only one who thinks that she's lost a little too much?

Forgot to comment on the Pauline Quirke subject yesterday. I think she does look like she's lost too much weight as the fat has gone but it looks like she hasn't replaced any of her mass with muscle. I think she would look more... what's the word... healthier (?) if she built some muscle.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  wendy on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:36 pm

lost a pound thats all...but suppose i'm going the right way lol
wendy

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:37 pm

Well done Wendy, no more than 1-2lbs a week is a good, healthy rate of loss so you're bang on track!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  wendy on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:41 pm

thanks alec Very Happy
wendy

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:05 am

Aw well done on the loss.

Well it's confession time. I have been avoiding this thread all day.

I have actually put on 4lbs this week. Now for my small frame and height that is a hefty weight increase. I have never put that amount of weight on in such a short amount of time. I'm now 12 stone 11lbs. I'd put the embarrassed or crying smiley but I have done it to myself. I am not in a happy place right now really and that is proof that I'm not happy. (I'm an emotional eater, a coping strategy I learned when I was younger, feel sad eat food, it makes you feel a bit better)

I actually have a sore tummy and I'm constipated which considering the 'health kick' I have been on (and I am, I've eaten loads of veg) I shouldn't be. I have eaten far too much and far too much 'stuffing' in secret.

There, said it. I want to be healthy, I really do I just have to fix my mood, not sure how I'm going to do it but I can't go on like this...... health is everything and I worry about not having my body in a good place to fight off whatever I may have to fight off or be so unhealthy that I encourage nasties.
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:13 am

So why not use that as your focus. Forget about losing weight or being on a diet or whatever and focus on health. That way you're always aiming for something attainable and positive rather than working towards the feelings of dread surrounding weigh ins and things like that. I think when we're in a happy place it doesn't take much to compound those feelings - so if you feel bad and eat something you think you should be avoiding then it makes you feel bad about whatever you were unhappy about and about the weight too. Working towards something positive might help switch your mindset a bit.

then if you've been focusing on positive things and healthy eating if you do comfort eat then it's ok, you know it's your coping strategy and it's a choice you're making. But you know your general trend is towards a more healthy lifestyle. You can be healthy and fit without necessarily being slim.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:53 am

I do like that way of thinking alec eiffel. I like how the control to do what is right for me is mine not someone else saying X amount of calories or 0 this.

Diets have never worked for me, never ever and I don't like to say it is because I have no willpower because I do what I don't like is not having the choice or the control. By doing what you suggested I will always be in control. I will be making the choices for me.... not rebelling because I shouldn't really.

I'll give it some thought definitely.

I think I need some 'indulgent' snacks that are healthy - cashews, I love them but never buy them because they're calories loaded but I think I have to move away from calorie counting, it doesn't work for me.

I wish i enjoyed exercise, I wish I got a buzz out of exercising but I don't 'ergh, it hurts, stop' and I can't get over that point.

I'll think of a plan and until point I am having broth and crusty bread for tea, snacking on dried apricots and will have a treat of a hot choc later.

I'm going to browse library online later to see if there's any 'healthy' books like that Gillian McKeith years ago. She was a bit extreme but there maybe certain vitamins I lack that are not helping my mood anyway. Be interesting to teach myself a bit anyway.

apologies for rambling Embarassed I do feel better though. Thank you alec eiffel (how many times have I said that this week) x
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top