The Weight Loss Thread

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Weight Loss Thread

Post  alec eiffel on Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Glad you enjoyed Zumba. A lady in our street runs a class nearby but the thought of being with all those sweaty people just puts me off! I need a personal trainer...

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin on Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:27 pm

I would love a personal trainer!
I didnt post my weight last week as i was totally humiliated i had gained again!
I am now at my heaviest ever but i am being positive about it i know what i did wrong, basically stuffed my face and i am hoping i can fix it
I came down with another bug this week and have been quite depressed the past few weeks which hasnt helped me.
I need to start my regular exercising routine again as i felt so much better physically and mentally when i was doing it
Glad you enjoyed zumba froogs its fun i have tried it at home but am to uncoordinated to go to a class
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:45 pm

i just cannot get into dieting right now at all, feel like im not in 'the zone' that you need to be in to do it! got the kids wateproofs the other week so going to take them on walks etc once the schools break off on friday. they love going exploring. i really should do a weekon slim fast since i have it all there but i just cant face it, but then i feel crap when nothing fits of looks good and i have a huge muffin top and apron underneath!! (damned large children and the need for sections lol) i wash going to take them for a walk but now it is pouring with rain!!!
Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:51 pm

Hi Theresa,

I agree with you about the slimfast. I can't imagine it would fire anyone up to get fit, active and healthy. For me, losing weight was all about life being better than it was before. Psychology was all important, so I found it helpful to get excited about the loss - focusing on all the exiting recipes I was trying and the activities I was doing day by day rather than beating myself up for past mistakes and thinking about all the things I was denying myself.

You don't have to ditch all thoughts of activity just because it's raining though. Are there any games you can play that get you up and moving about or something like that. I set myself little challenges all the time on days I don't want to do "proper" exercise or can't get out - running up and down the stairs 10 times (that is tough!), dancing, hoovering and doing some lunges at the same time, cleaning windows - with extra stretches. Getting into the swing of being more active and embracing healthy food is half the battle. It can be a positive experience!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:15 am

i just seem to lack motivation today! once i get up and moving i am fine, once ive caught up on posts here im going to go and gut out my kitchen, think i may wrap us all up, stick boys in waterproofs and head out, they love jumping in puddles etc and its getting them fresh air. i feel like im trapped in a vicious circle at the moment, and i need to break it. i think if i saw the scales go down even a couple of pounds it would give me that kickstart, whats why i think slim fast might give me that nudge. i did 10 days on it before and lost 12lbs so i know it works.

i dont like the word diet, to me it needs to be a lifestyle change as i want it to be permanent!
Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:21 am

Did 30 minutes on the bike, low - med intensity and did 8 miles. Peanut butter and banana now *yum*

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:50 am

ive had those separately but never together?

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:54 am

It's not for taste purposes, it's just the quickest and easiest carb & protein combo after exercising. I shove a tablespoon of peanut butter in my mouth while I peel the banana! No messing about Very Happy

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:25 pm

I've lost 1lb this week. I'm really happy at that. I think I have just about sussed how much food my body needs for the amount of exercise I do. If I can lose 1lb a week thats fab. I'm not going to mess around with my calorie intake as it's manageable but I feel I should increase the amount of excercise I do - nearly 5 miles a day I walk (up and down to school/nursery x3) but I have to dawdle most of it.

I am going to keep up Zumba but must must must do some swealtering on the cross trainer. It's nice when you feel like you know what you're doing and in control
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:28 pm

Well done froogs. No more than 1-2lbs a week is a healthy rate of loss so you're right on track. The longer you go on with the eating and zumba you'll notice there's less of a dawdle! You're doing a grand job.

My plus point of the week is that I've finally got it into my brain that if I stretch properly I don't get any aches the day after exercise. Must remember that.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:53 pm

That's why I'm scared of going on the cross trainer really. I hurt my ankle and still it hasn't healed properly, nearly but not quite. I never warm up when I'm doing stuff myself. I should teach myself really shouldn't I.

My sister used to be a circuit trainer in the local authority gym but to be honest she's a bit hopeless and she goes all preachy I'd rather learn on the net I think.
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 pm

If you want any help with exercise then I can give you some ideas and links for circuits and other stuff. I love circuits!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:27 pm

I met DH at a circuits class! I would go twice a week in my early twenties. We were both fit then Embarassed DH used to go on walking and biking weekends and now he just fishes. He's happy but I know if he could just be bothered to start to pick up his fitness again he's be back out there in a flash.

It's having the girls. Free time becomes family time and family time turns into play time for the girls. We can't go anywhere or do anything long, arduous or skilled as they can't cope and we don't have the money for gyms nor the baby sitters so DH and I can go out together. It's all a bit sad really (not life with the girls!!! no!) Just that we can't really do what we want to do now.

DD is 7 so she could cope and wants to walk up Ben Nevis with her dad but we just have to wait till 3 year old is older than 3 - and she is a real go getter so I don't think we'll have any problems. Just have to wait a bit longer

froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:39 pm

I can imagine it's tough. One of my friends has taken up doing triathlons as her "me" time as she has a couple of small children. It's really good for them too as they're already doing fun runs even though they're really small!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:54 am

I've had problems since last Wednesday with my nearest Royal Mail Depot. I've arranged redelivery twice to my house and then on Friday gave up and arranged delivery to my local post office. Went to pick up this morning, not there. Went again this afternoon when picking DD up from school.. the depot knows nothing about any redelivery..... I'm not on the wrong thread honest.

So, peeved to beyond peevedness I call in at home, get the girls an apple each and me a banana. We walked (7 and 3 year old) 6 miles round trip to pick up my parcel at 3pm this afternoon. I now have blisters on the soles of my feet as shoes not appropriate for walking and my hips hurt. The girls were fab though, I can't believe how good they were about it.

I missed zumba tonight because of it. Going to get up in the morning and brush up on my technical skills cos sis has text saying it was harder. I must go on cross trainer for fitness too.

I've been looking at ppics on Pinterest of women my age super fit and I think why the heck can't that be me? There is absolutely no reason why that cannot be me.
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel on Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:11 pm

froogs wrote:I've had problems since last Wednesday with my nearest Royal Mail Depot. I've arranged redelivery twice to my house and then on Friday gave up and arranged delivery to my local post office. Went to pick up this morning, not there. Went again this afternoon when picking DD up from school.. the depot knows nothing about any redelivery..... I'm not on the wrong thread honest.

So, peeved to beyond peevedness I call in at home, get the girls an apple each and me a banana. We walked (7 and 3 year old) 6 miles round trip to pick up my parcel at 3pm this afternoon. I now have blisters on the soles of my feet as shoes not appropriate for walking and my hips hurt. The girls were fab though, I can't believe how good they were about it.

I missed zumba tonight because of it. Going to get up in the morning and brush up on my technical skills cos sis has text saying it was harder. I must go on cross trainer for fitness too.

I've been looking at ppics on Pinterest of women my age super fit and I think why the heck can't that be me? There is absolutely no reason why that cannot be me.

You sound very determined, but I would say don't stress about it. Don't compare yourself to other people, you don't know their story, you don't know how photoshopped the images. Just keep on trucking and you'll be fine.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin on Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:37 pm

Just popped in to say i lost 2 pounds yippee
and i have started exerciseing again not got to much done but enough to make me feel happier
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:11 pm

yey! lollyfin that's fab! keep on keeping on Smile bounce

froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  TP on Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs on Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:20 pm

Reporting in to tell you I sat and scoffed a fair few biscuits last night. I knew what I was doing all the way through, thought of everything one should not to do it but I wanted to so I did. It happens huh. I'm not down or angry at myself. I did it, knew what I was doing so just feel indifferent.

Woke up this morning to still feeling positive although really unmotivated and sluggish. I wonder if that has got to do with the sugar rush at 8.30 last night.

Logging off here and going to get stuck in whether I feel like it or not because I know I will feel better when the jobs are done Rolling Eyes
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  Teresa on Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:11 am

froogs wrote:
Logging off here and going to get stuck in whether I feel like it or not because I know I will feel better when the jobs are done Rolling Eyes

i always feel the same.

im really going to look at my eating this week, wish a could just get a little kickstart, well i know i can if i try hard enough. so bloody hard
Teresa

Back to top Go down

Post  cat_smith on Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:08 am

Hi all. 11st on Friday. May be a little less now as I developed a stomach bug on Saturday - after eating a takeaway baked potato and beans Mad . So between Friday night and this morning I have had 2 slices of toast. Not a recommended weight loss method.

We're on holiday in North Berwick, so lots of walking on the beach. We exhausted the dog yesterday. Today we are sitting on the sofa doing nothing as it is sleeting outside. Will have to walk dog later though.
cat_smith

Back to top Go down

Post  TP on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:22 pm

i put a few pounds on, on holiday only to be expected really.

Back to top Go down

Post  caledoniaquine on Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:54 am

I am currently on a diet and I probably will be until at least Christmas and then a few weeks after Christmas again to shift what I will put on then lol.

caledoniaquine

http://knitandmake.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Progress

Post  cat_smith on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:53 pm

Hey everybody. Where have we all disappeared too? How are the diets still going?

I have made some serious progress (courtesy of the noro-virus) and am now down to 10st 4. Not a recommended weight loss method but I'm going to work hard to keep it off.

cat_smith

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top