homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend Plans

+7
marciared
stiltwalker
dolly blue
froogs
SunnyMummy
alec eiffel
TP
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Weekend Plans Empty Weekend Plans

Post  TP Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:58 pm

What is everyone doing this weekend?

we might go to the severn valley railway on sunday they have a special weekend on.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Weekend Plans Empty Re: Weekend Plans

Post  alec eiffel Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:06 pm

We were going to loads of stuff but we are not doing aaaaaaannnything!

Most of our Amazon order has arrived this morning so this weekend I'm going to be reading all about Scandinavian Modern Design and Robin & Lucienne Day. As long as I remember to buy some coffee when we go to the shop tonight I can't think of anything better! bounce

Hope everyone has fun.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  SunnyMummy Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:38 am

Not many plans here apart from the final tidy up of the garden before winter. I also have some cross stitch I'd like to get moving on and some books to read. My parents are coming to see us tomorrow as they have been on holiday for the past 3 weeks in their caravan which will be nice. They were in Ross-on-Wye (excuse spelling if its incorrect) where there has been a plum festival and have bought me some jam so I'm very excited!

DD goes on holiday with her friend to Cyprus on Sunday evening and she's coming round for her Sunday lunch so we can all see her before she goes. I'll worry about her like mad, as always, but hope she has a great time. It's her first girlie holiday and she's only 19. I know I'm probably worrying about nothing but I remember what I was like at that age lol!!

Have a good weekend everyone whatever you end up doing.
SunnyMummy
SunnyMummy

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:08 am

SunnyMummy wrote:Not many plans here apart from the final tidy up of the garden before winter. I also have some cross stitch I'd like to get moving on and some books to read. My parents are coming to see us tomorrow as they have been on holiday for the past 3 weeks in their caravan which will be nice. They were in Ross-on-Wye (excuse spelling if its incorrect) where there has been a plum festival and have bought me some jam so I'm very excited!

DD goes on holiday with her friend to Cyprus on Sunday evening and she's coming round for her Sunday lunch so we can all see her before she goes. I'll worry about her like mad, as always, but hope she has a great time. It's her first girlie holiday and she's only 19. I know I'm probably worrying about nothing but I remember what I was like at that age lol!!

Have a good weekend everyone whatever you end up doing.

How exciting my neice is the same age. She had a girlie holiday last year and this year went to Caribbean with her bf. Had great times.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:04 am

I'm afraid I have an hour or so of sitting in Barclays bank to look forward to tomorrow.

We're moving our accounts from the coop (had to go there when we have our financial fall on our bums as they were the only ones who would give us a basic account) now we're 2 years on we're going for a proper visa debit card and decent online banking.

Even if they allow us an overdraught or an account with added benefits (which I don't think they will as it's still quite soon to trust us) I will be declining as I don't ever want an overdraught or pay banking charges again.

It will be nice to have a saving account now and hopefully an ISA. It will be the pivitol change of really starting to get back on our feet, even though in real terms theres no difference.

So... very exciting stuff - not.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:58 am

I'm going away Laughing in my campervan, not sure destination but heading north, need to drop Ds some stuff off at warrington so north of that, will get my map out tonight or in the morning.
Never been further than Manchester up north Shocked , always seen to head for wales, worcester or forest of dean, have van will travel Very Happy
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:02 am

dolly blue wrote:I'm going away Laughing in my campervan, not sure destination but heading north, need to drop Ds some stuff off at warrington so north of that, will get my map out tonight or in the morning.
Never been further than Manchester up north Shocked , always seen to head for wales, worcester or forest of dean, have van will travel Very Happy

Hope you have fun venturing further north! The weather has been gorgeous in Lancashire today so hopefully it'll stay fine for you Very Happy

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:04 am

Ooooh to just do away in a campervan. Have a lovely time! bounce
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:10 am

Hope you have fun venturing further north! The weather has been gorgeous in Lancashire today so hopefully it'll stay fine for you Very Happy [/quote]

I take it the Lancashire north then Embarassed , I might end up in lancashire then Laughing not good at reading maps, always tell Oh its a mystery trip
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:13 am

If you drive straight up from Warrington you'll end up in Lancashire and if you drive up more than that you'll be in Cumbria. If you end up in either you'll be exceptionally lucky. If you stay in Warrington, not so lucky pale

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:22 am

a bit to the east and North Yorkshire? Oh I lurve North Yorkshire.

froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:23 am

I'm exceptionally glad I deleted the part where I wrote "take a right turn and you'll end up where the unimaginative people go - Yorkshire" in that case. Embarassed

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:25 am

lol! So funny. I'm a sucker for Skipton and the North York Moors, love a bit of Whitby when the tourists boogar off (eeek I'm a tourist)

Would I go up in your estimation if I said I also adore the lake district and the western coast of Scotland Embarassed lol
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:30 am

Who cares what I think!

I like Skipton and that area a lot, but I don't really like the landscape of the Dales, I think they're a bit... boring. A bit overrated for all the hoo-ha made about them. But I'm from an industrial town so I like things to look a bit more rugged. One of my best mates lives in Scarbro' he likes to come here for big flat beaches and I like to go there for cliffs! It's like seaside swap. Besides, I used to live in York, if anywhere is going to suck to the joy out of you it's that place *deflates*

btw, I'm not from Lancashire I just live here incase anyone thought I was involved in that whole Lancs v Yorks nonsense!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:42 am

I find York to be a bit one dimentional. I love, and I mean love, the whole Christmas spirit that surrounds the place (although it is just in my head as it is the nearest thing I am going to get to oldy worldy Christmas) It's still full of bustling people.. Anyway, I digress. It's on par with my home place of Durham. The City has of the worlds most prestigious University's (that us locals cannot even dream of getting a place in) Shops, bars and restaurants geared for the students with their money off and happy hours for those with student cards. There's areas you feel you just don't belong in pushing your push chair because they are full of students. They fight with the locals. They come and trash all our lovely Georgian properties as they're rented out to students. Us locals can't ever dream of living in rented in the city centre as a family renting their houses is no where near what they get per room.

So this lovely place called Durham... isn't for North Easterners - no, we're to keep in our outlying mining villages where we belong.

Aye, I'm angry. Talk about places sucking the energy out of you. Anyhow. York - I guess it's that kind of feeling?
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:55 am

Apologies for going off half kicked, feeling pretty down at the minute. I'm not normally that cross with the world Embarassed
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  stiltwalker Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:28 am

There's a puppet festival in Skipton this weekend so we will be moseying into the town to take a look tomorrow and then going back fort he parade on Sunday. We're on the lash tomorrow night!!!!!!! First pub night out in eighteen months, but OH's mum is babysitting so won't be a late do as she has to drive back to Settle and we don't like to send her home to late as FIL (and us) worry.
stiltwalker
stiltwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Hi froogs,

One dimensional is a perfect description. There's no real buzz to the place at all imo. People go to look at things but not really to experience the place as a whole and even when then St Nicholas Fair is on again people are just going to look at the stalls not get any deeper into the city.

I can also appreciate what you say about Durham, some of the people I worked with at the hotel were born and bred in York and had to move way out to buy a house to places like Selby and Market Weighton.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:38 am

Sunday looks nice so a day at the waterside perhaps and take a picnic.
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:21 pm

I think we're going to go the beach tonight if it's still nice weather. Tomorrow we're going to walk to Lytham and have a poke about. Sunday, not sure maybe just hang about at home.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  froogs Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:34 pm

We're taking the girls to adventure valley tomorrow. It's a pretty local farmyard with horse riding/animal feeding/tractor rides/play area's.. that kind of thing.

We all have our birthdays in August/September so it's a really expensive time for us and two kids birthday parties would just be unaffordable so we do this kind of thing the month after when DH has been paid. Looks like the nice weather will hold out for us! Need to take a picnic though, can't be wasting money on buying food there. I'll make a cake for the evening (courgette when the veg box arrives) We were supposed to have friends over but she has a really sore back and neck so have postponed.

Then it's DD2's turn to have her bedroom redecorated. We're still fixing the house after the rewire and hers is the last to do upstairs. She want's a jungle theme, already bought thermal curtains and duvet cover so yellow and green paint needed for the walls and furniture repaint. Also want to paint on a few animals around the place and some blades of grass. bounce That will be Sunday

So for once, a pretty busy and exciting weekend for me.
froogs
froogs

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:39 pm

Sounds like fun. I like the sound of the farm. I love stuff like that!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:15 pm

What beach do you go to Alec? was in you neck of the woods last week, stayed one night at Arnside, then one night up near the lakes then ended up in Yorkshire. Will be staying at home this weekend, got to fetch Oh new van tomorrow and have a slob aound the garden me thinks Laughing
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:20 pm

I love Arnside, find it really relaxing. There's a really nice cafe with great lemon cake there. Yum yum.

The beach we go to is St Annes (it's just south of Blackpool). It's only 10 minutes walk from our house so good for a run about and lounging in the dunes.

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly blue Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:30 pm

We only found Arnside by chance, we stopped off at Morecambe in the afternoon then headed north, stuck a pen on the map Laughing
I always cook in my camper but I said well we should really have fresh fish were at the coast, so we did. Omg you should of seen the queue at the chippy, a goldmine me thinks, but very nice too
dolly blue
dolly blue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum