homemakersuk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My DD's lives are looking up!

4 posters

Go down

My DD's lives are looking up! Empty My DD's lives are looking up!

Post  lollyfin Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:57 am

I am so proud of my eldest she has just done her RGIT, offshore survival training for working on the oilrigs, she finished it today and passed. Shes a chef and has decided she wants to do that offshore. I am sooooo pleased for her as its not the easiest thing to do especially when you are a 20 year old smurf like her, the rest of her class were middle aged men Laughing . You have to do firefighting, first aid, go in a pretend helicopter get dumped in water and turned upside down then escape and swim the length of a pool dragging someone else and get them and yourself in a liferaft and she did it all My DD's lives are looking up! 2873396784
My other DD is 16 and has had some real problems for quite a while. She hasnt had a job since she left college a year ago and has just been hanging about at home getting depressed. Well we went to a careers interview for her yesterday and she started a life skills course today. A lot of it is confidence building and dealing with trust issues but she will also be doing certificated courses in cooking and IT and getting the chance to do volunteer work and go to placements. She was terrified this morning so much so that she spent most of the time before we left in the loo!
Then when she came home she had the biggest smile on her face and was talking a mile a minute telling me about everything she had done and the plans they are putting in place for her. I am so pleased as its awful to see your child fall into depression and know you cant do anything about it, she has seen a psychiatrist, mental health nurse and been on anti depressants and I have tried to keep her occupied and cheerful but its hard, really very hard. So i have had the best day today things are looking up for my two oldest and i couldnt be happier My DD's lives are looking up! 2873396784
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

My DD's lives are looking up! Empty Re: My DD's lives are looking up!

Post  Bitsy Beans Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:00 am

That's so nice to hear Very Happy well done to both your DDs My DD's lives are looking up! 300268043
Bitsy Beans
Bitsy Beans

http://www.thehamsterwheeloflife.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  lollyfin Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:35 am

Thank bitsey I have a huge smile today
lollyfin
lollyfin

Back to top Go down

Post  TP Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:29 am

that sounds interesting what your eldest daughter is doing Smile
TP
TP

Back to top Go down

Post  alec eiffel Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:58 pm

Great news!

alec eiffel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum