what do your partners/other halves do for work

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  TP on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:08 pm

Mine is self employed has a shop.
avatar
TP

Posts : 1577
Join date : 2011-08-18
Age : 49
Location : at home!

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  alec eiffel on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Mine works in the corporate bit of a Local Authority.

alec eiffel

Posts : 1363
Join date : 2011-08-18

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  wendy on Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:13 pm

mines a farmer
avatar
wendy

Posts : 42
Join date : 2011-08-18
Age : 63
Location : North Lincolnshire

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  helen jelly on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:18 am

My DH is a Senior Support Worker at a residential home for adults with learning disabilities
avatar
helen jelly

Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 52
Location : Bucks

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  juliapenguin on Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:35 am

Mine's a Business Analyst. No, I've no idea what he does all day.
avatar
juliapenguin

Posts : 39
Join date : 2011-08-18
Age : 53
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  life_in_termoil on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:07 pm

I no longer have a other half WOOHOOOO!!!

And I dont want another 1 either!!!
avatar
life_in_termoil

Posts : 119
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 48
Location : Herefordshire

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  froogs on Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:09 pm

more bother than they're worth sometimes OH's Razz

Mine managers a tool hire depot.
avatar
froogs

Posts : 393
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 38
Location : Durham

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  kimsmum on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:15 pm

My Oh is disabled so we are home together all day as I am his carer Smile
avatar
kimsmum

Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-08-23
Location : Northern Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  lollyfin on Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:44 am

mine works on an oilrig and has a very important sounding job title (so he says) but basically from what i can figure out he messes about with mud....more proof he hasnt grown up yet!
love him really tho
avatar
lollyfin

Posts : 383
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : N E Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  the_cat on Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:31 pm

I'm not telling you! The stigma is worse than anything levelled at us homestylers! Shocked

All I'm saying is that he has never had a bonus (lowly worker ant) and didn't crash anything!!!

the_cat

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  froogs on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:06 pm

the_cat wrote:I'm not telling you! The stigma is worse than anything levelled at us homestylers! Shocked

All I'm saying is that he has never had a bonus (lowly worker ant) and didn't crash anything!!!

You're going to have to tell us now.. I'm intrigued Razz 'didn't crash anything' snow plougher?

lol at just playing with mud. Must be hard having him on the rigs half the time though
avatar
froogs

Posts : 393
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 38
Location : Durham

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  lollyfin on Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:52 pm

Awww frugalicious sometimes i think him working away is all that keeps me sane Very Happy
i do miss him but get loads more done in the house when hes not here and can budget sooooo much better
miss him most when its cold have to take a hot water bottle to bed rather than stealing his heat with my feet :lol!:
avatar
lollyfin

Posts : 383
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : N E Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  the_cat on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:02 pm

frugaliciousness wrote:
the_cat wrote:I'm not telling you! The stigma is worse than anything levelled at us homestylers! Shocked

All I'm saying is that he has never had a bonus (lowly worker ant) and didn't crash anything!!!

You're going to have to tell us now.. I'm intrigued Razz 'didn't crash anything' snow plougher?

lol at just playing with mud. Must be hard having him on the rigs half the time though

Haha..... no he doesn't work with vehicles. He is that most hated of creatures, a bank worker
You would not believe the number of people who act like it's his personal fault that we are in the mess we are..... and he only works in admin!!

the_cat

Posts : 15
Join date : 2011-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  froogs on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:05 pm

the_cat wrote:
frugaliciousness wrote:
the_cat wrote:I'm not telling you! The stigma is worse than anything levelled at us homestylers! Shocked

All I'm saying is that he has never had a bonus (lowly worker ant) and didn't crash anything!!!

You're going to have to tell us now.. I'm intrigued Razz 'didn't crash anything' snow plougher?

lol at just playing with mud. Must be hard having him on the rigs half the time though

Haha..... no he doesn't work with vehicles. He is that most hated of creatures, a bank worker
You would not believe the number of people who act like it's his personal fault that we are in the mess we are..... and he only works in admin!!

Very Happy Oh I get it now! It is so ridiculous I know. Same thing with a friend of mine. He's a male cashier in a bank and because he's male, wears a tie and works in a bank it's all his fault according to some people. Ignorance huh
avatar
froogs

Posts : 393
Join date : 2011-08-22
Age : 38
Location : Durham

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  Anne on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Mine was a pricision engineer, doing mainly CND lathe turning, but as there is very little engineering in England now, he works for an engineering firm on a strip and clean section.
Anne x
avatar
Anne

Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-08-24
Age : 59
Location : Wiltshire

http://jer33v3.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  mesh on Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:41 pm


Mines the health and safety manager for an international chemical company and loves his job. Today he's gone off at 5.30 to do a 'bit extra' 3 hours worth - mad - but they are a very good company to work for appreciate their staff.

avatar
mesh

Posts : 133
Join date : 2011-08-24
Location : suffolk UK

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  cat_smith on Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:32 am

Mine's a surgeon and a TA medic. So he works about 2 weekends a month. He has to have one weekend of diving, so I get him at home infrequently for any length of time. 😢
avatar
cat_smith

Posts : 53
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 38
Location : About 13miles north west of Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  kat360 on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Mine is in the RAF and he's going away for 4 months next year :affraid:

kat360

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-08-27

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  Gien on Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:15 am

That's tough kat369. We had a few months when we were living apart but only monday to friday - I hated it.
Mine works in the finance department in the HQ of a big retailers.

Gien

Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-08-26

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  cat_smith on Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:18 am

Yeah it's tough being apart like that. My DH is off to somewhere hot and sandy in August next year. Dreading it after the last time in the other hot and sandy place that we've left in a mess. Rolling Eyes
avatar
cat_smith

Posts : 53
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 38
Location : About 13miles north west of Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  tooties on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:15 am

Mines a farm worker

tooties

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-08-28
Age : 46
Location : Fife, Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  life_in_termoil on Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:45 am

cat_smith wrote:Yeah it's tough being apart like that. My DH is off to somewhere hot and sandy in August next year. Dreading it after the last time in the other hot and sandy place that we've left in a mess. Rolling Eyes

Know how you feel hun, im an ex army wife!! (and hes now my ex hubby lol)
avatar
life_in_termoil

Posts : 119
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 48
Location : Herefordshire

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  cat_smith on Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:53 pm

life_in_termoil wrote:
cat_smith wrote:Yeah it's tough being apart like that. My DH is off to somewhere hot and sandy in August next year. Dreading it after the last time in the other hot and sandy place that we've left in a mess. Rolling Eyes

Know how you feel hun, im an ex army wife!! (and hes now my ex hubby lol)

At least mine only does it part-time. He's a normal surgeon most of the time. Although this means I lose weekends whereas regulars get to go home if not deployed. He's currently in Weymouth for a week on Annual Camp. Lucky him.
avatar
cat_smith

Posts : 53
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 38
Location : About 13miles north west of Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  Gintotmelinda on Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:58 am

TV Licensing......yes I know sigh....... Rolling Eyes
avatar
Gintotmelinda

Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-08-24

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  PurpleIvy on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:39 am

My hub works in highly regulated environments such as pharmaceuticals, petrochemicals, nuclear and so on. He makes sure that all the processes are correctly documented :sleep: , usually when they are adding new bits to plants. Exciting huh?

He's usually at home at the moment, working about half an hour from home, just the odd overnight trip to Holland/Germany at the moment. Last job was in N. Lincs, so he was living away in the week.
avatar
PurpleIvy

Posts : 198
Join date : 2011-08-24
Location : North Cheshire

Back to top Go down

Re: what do your partners/other halves do for work

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum